Texas Hunting Forum

Wet shirt to stay cool.

Posted By: Finfeathernfurr

Wet shirt to stay cool. - 10/01/14 07:51 PM

Have any of y'all tried to what your shirt while bow hunting in the afternoon to stay cool. it was really nice and the stand this morning but I am about to cook now I thought about dipping my shirt down in the lake. I wouldn't think it could hurt anything.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Wet shirt to stay cool. - 10/01/14 07:58 PM

Best way to stay cool is a shirt that pulls moisture away from you body quickly, and drys quickly. Like a very light weight merino

Re: Wet shirt to stay cool. - 10/01/14 08:38 PM

It's dirty wore it Monday evening and don't have a chance to wash stuck with cotton.
Posted By: passthru

Re: Wet shirt to stay cool. - 10/01/14 11:29 PM

Doubt it could hurt.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Wet shirt to stay cool. - 10/01/14 11:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Finfeathernfurr
It's dirty wore it Monday evening and don't have a chance to wash stuck with cotton.

I owe you that's a hell of a reminder, I have to wash mine from CO for this weekend.

As long as your not in a popup it probably work. Once you have no breeze is could be different
Posted By: maximum

Re: Wet shirt to stay cool. - 10/01/14 11:51 PM

if you're in a popup your
shirt will be self-wetting.
i know.

Re: Wet shirt to stay cool. - 10/02/14 02:37 AM

I was actually in the top of the tree I just stuck it down in my cooler in the [censored] water it was quite shocking at first but it held up until dark worked great. Saw a lot of deer all day today as well nothing worth shooting I did see one call buck that came to the feeder three times I should've dropped. Had half a dozen trees almost rubbed to the ground within 20 yards of my blind. Always nice hunting a county with far more deer than people lol.
Posted By: ancuegar

Re: Wet shirt to stay cool. - 10/02/14 03:17 PM

when i have to sit in a blind in hot weather i take my boots off. seems to help. you do lose alot of heat through your feet.
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Wet shirt to stay cool. - 10/02/14 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By: maximum
if you're in a popup your
shirt will be self-wetting.
i know.

You're right about that; this morning just before the front it was nice. I went out to my blind with a black t-shirt and shorts with cowboy boots... I went out last night in flip flops. The deer won't laugh at me I'm in my Double Bull, probably asleep. sleep2
Posted By: wisco-hunter

Re: Wet shirt to stay cool. - 10/05/14 04:15 AM

Funny, I thought I was the only one that did this, I take off my boots to stay cool and also wear a wet headband. I don't do the wet shirt but a wet headband and no boots works great for me

Re: Wet shirt to stay cool. - 10/05/14 06:43 AM

I actually just stuck it in the cooler on ice not a lot melted and was just blotched with moister. Worked great stayed wet long enought to get me into the stand and dried before it got cool again. I'll have to try wetting the buff feet pits and head release the heat. Kind of hard to take my boots off in the Tree.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum