Texas Hunting Forum

I'm ashamed to admit this but....

Posted By: txtrophy85

I'm ashamed to admit this but.... - 09/16/14 01:47 PM

I haven't shot my bow since January.

and its not looking good for the near future either
Posted By: TooLow

Re: I'm ashamed to admit this but.... - 09/16/14 01:48 PM

I'm right there with you I hate to say! I'm guessing it has about an inch of dust on the case right now.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: I'm ashamed to admit this but.... - 09/16/14 02:34 PM

I had some work done on mine and didn't get to shoot as much as usual this year, but I have kept it in the truck with me and shoot every chance I get since I got it back.
Posted By: FoxTrot

Re: I'm ashamed to admit this but.... - 09/16/14 02:44 PM

Im shooting daily....
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: I'm ashamed to admit this but.... - 09/16/14 03:13 PM

10 or 15 minutes in the backyard isn't that hard to work in. Now you may have to log off of the computer for a few minutes.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: I'm ashamed to admit this but.... - 09/16/14 08:23 PM

I stop in all star every chance I get. Now all I need is something to follow a perfect 30 yard arc right past my pop up so I know I have my distance down. up
Posted By: SmallTownHunter

Re: I'm ashamed to admit this but.... - 09/16/14 09:24 PM

Originally Posted By: ChrisB
10 or 15 minutes in the backyard isn't that hard to work in. Now you may have to log off of the computer for a few minutes.
Posted By: JDShellnut

Re: I'm ashamed to admit this but.... - 09/16/14 10:28 PM

stop posting AMAs on TFF and go outside
Posted By: passthru

Re: I'm ashamed to admit this but.... - 09/16/14 11:51 PM

I feel bad cause I haven't shot since Sunday. Been at the hospital waiting on grand child #1. Now that he finally showed up I'm home, showered, checking messages and getting in a few practice arrows before heading back up there.

I know, I know. My priorities are all messed up. I should have taken my bow and target to the hospital and practiced in the dead waiting time. trout

Re: I'm ashamed to admit this but.... - 09/17/14 12:23 AM

Originally Posted By: adam_p
stop posting AMAs on TFF and go outside

majority of my posts are in the truck, off the iphone waiting on people, phone calls or emails
Posted By: bphillips

Re: I'm ashamed to admit this but.... - 09/17/14 10:15 AM

ehhhh no need to shoot all year unless you just really love to shoot.
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: I'm ashamed to admit this but.... - 09/17/14 01:18 PM

Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
I haven't shot my bow since January.

and its not looking good for the near future either

You're certainly not alone Bubba, I know a lot of bow hunters that only take it out a month or so before bow season; and then there are those that truly addicted to the sport and shoot every chance they get.

Re: I'm ashamed to admit this but.... - 10/24/14 12:33 AM

update...still haven't shot my bow.

we are approaching the general season and I haven't sat once.

this is a strange feeling, normally I'm raring to go
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: I'm ashamed to admit this but.... - 10/24/14 01:23 AM

You need to get with it. I have had 16 sits so far this year.
Posted By: 7ARanch

Re: I'm ashamed to admit this but.... - 10/24/14 01:27 AM

I sat opening day but been to busy to get out. I have slung quite a few arrows in the yard but not in the last two weeks. I'll sling some tomorrow before I hit the stand. Not my normal routine but the best I can do right now. Still a little odd for me to not have shot out at least one target by now. Dad gum work...
Posted By: swampthang

Re: I'm ashamed to admit this but.... - 10/24/14 03:56 AM

Originally Posted By: bphillips
ehhhh no need to shoot all year unless you just really love to shoot.

That's kinda how I feel. I been shooting a bow since the early 80's.I practiced a lot 1990-2005 but these days I only shoot a few arrows as a tune up for the season,or if I get a new/different bow. I just don't find shooting at a target all that interesting,kinda boring actually. I mean,how much longer am I suppose to keep "practicing"?
Posted By: Anytimeoutdoors1

Re: I'm ashamed to admit this but.... - 10/28/14 07:28 PM

^^^ I agree with this. It does get boring shooting a target. I had to make it interesting and shoot longer distances like 40-60 yards. Even thou I probly wouldn't shoot a deer at that far a hog better watch out. I shoot arrows in ugly winds of 20+ mphs head winds tail winds and cross winds when I can. Elevated ground and just recently this year I tried an on wing dove with a bow and was successful. All my practice is to learn arrows flights distances etc And also because I am addicted to flinging arrows whenever and at whatever. Lol
Ive got 37 sits this season so far and I've flung 1 arrow 1 kill. All the practice pays off IMO.
Hunting is not about any of this thou. And u should just get out there in the field. and enjoy the best show on earth.....

Re: I'm ashamed to admit this but.... - 10/28/14 10:20 PM

still haven't shot my bow but once.

I have a feeder up in the hills that is now starting to show signs of heavy use so I'm gonna go put up a pop-up later this week and see what comes of it.
Posted By: Wburke2010

Re: I'm ashamed to admit this but.... - 10/29/14 04:39 PM

I have had the same problem I have been down for three days to hunt so far this season and they were all in a row. Not sure when I will be back either, work has been crazy.

Walter
Posted By: Dave Scott

Re: I'm ashamed to admit this but.... - 10/29/14 04:50 PM

If you shoot a compound with peep sight, etc. a lot less practicing than the old days with recurves.
Posted By: passthru

Re: I'm ashamed to admit this but.... - 10/29/14 07:06 PM

It's not about how exciting it is. It's about muscle memory, consistency and form. But I do shoot mine because I enjoy it. It takes all the other crap in life away as I focus on form and follow through. Then, when I draw on an animal, buck fever doesn't come into play as my muscle memory kicks in and draw, anchor and release are natural and focused.
Posted By: Scary Poppins

Re: I'm ashamed to admit this but.... - 10/30/14 08:38 PM

I probably haven't shot in 2 months :S

The backyard is small, and we've been too busy to head to the range.

Haven't shot shotgun, pistol, or rifle in the same timeframe. Guess I need to get on it, SOON. I hope to shoot Saturday
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum