Texas Hunting Forum

Barnett Jackal Crossbow

Posted By: JoshW

Barnett Jackal Crossbow - 09/02/14 01:16 PM

Anyone have any thoughts or reviews on the Barnett Jackal crossbow package? Looking for a decent crossbow for a weekend hunt that won't rape my bank account
Posted By: Bearpaw

Re: Barnett Jackal Crossbow - 09/03/14 12:13 AM

The Jackal is a good bow however the recuit is faster. Try this forum http://www.crossbownation.com/forum/ we are all about crossbows and you will find lots of help.
smile
Posted By: sw53

Re: Barnett Jackal Crossbow - 09/03/14 05:49 PM

A friend of mine has one that he took several animals with last season.He told me they had some kind of issue from the factory so be sure that has been corrected if you get one.Another friend thats been shooting and hunting with xbows said the Barnett Recruit is all you need.
Posted By: HelmCrusher

Re: Barnett Jackal Crossbow - 09/06/14 09:13 AM

Any of the base line Barnett Crossbows (all packages under $400 Jackal, Wildcat C5, Quad 400) are great crossbows. I loved my Barnett Wildcat C5, great price,very accurate, great speed, light weight and not hard to pull back. Just make sure after the first 15-25 shots you re-tighten the main bow-stock bolt, otherwise it will sound like a shotgun going off when you fire it. Also lube the rails after every 5 shots and wax the strings after every 15-20. Two rules to always follow 1)NEVER FORGET TO KEEP YOUR FINGERS BELOW THE RAIL 2) NEVER DRY FIRE THE CROSSBOW.

Have a great time and enjoy
Posted By: wtjim

Re: Barnett Jackal Crossbow - 09/15/14 02:06 PM

My buddy has a Jackal. Killed several deer with it. Shoots consistent over the years too. No complaints from him...
Posted By: Hunter Daddy

Re: Barnett Jackal Crossbow - 09/15/14 06:24 PM

The Jackal is a good crossbow. However, a few years back, this crossbow was having an issue with the safety. I don't know if the manufacturer fixed the problem. The issue was if you put the crossbow on safety before you pulled back to [censored] it, then the trigger mechanism would "lock-up" and you could not fire it. This happened to 3 people who own this unit. The crossbow needs to be on "fire" before you [censored] it, then it will slip into "safety" when it is finally cocked and loaded. Check with the manufacturers on all Barnett crossbows. Be sure it won't happen to you.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum