Texas Hunting Forum

Another question from a newbie's father

Posted By: Texas buckeye

Another question from a newbie's father - 08/25/14 10:26 PM

Trying to research broadheads and it seems there is great variations in what are the best ones...

What broadhead do you have on the end of your arrows?

Thanks in advance!
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: Another question from a newbie's father - 08/25/14 10:51 PM

This is like asking, you drive a Chevy, Ford, etc..............
You'll get a lot of different suggestions.
Me, I use MX3's in 100gr (Muzzy).
Whatever your son gets, have him practice with the same BH's he will be using when hunting. Most packages has 3 BH's to a package. If you can find one with 6, then you can use 3 for practice and 3 for hunting. Some of the regular Muzzy's come in a package of 6 and they are good as well. Most, if not all brands will have a practice head in the package. I don't use them. I use the broadhead that I will be using and tune my bow for it.
Also, depending on the draw weight, arrows, etc., may depend on what weight grain he will need as well.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Another question from a newbie's father - 08/26/14 04:13 AM

Academy has Muzzy 3 packs for $17 in the clearance end cap. That's what I just got. Am I second guessing them, a little but they just look like they'll kill just fine.

Slick tricks been around for a while, thunderheads, rage, muzzy, etc. you'll always have someone that blames whatever BH they used and lost something. Start doing searches, you'll sell yourself on one or two.
Posted By: Arrowslinger82

Re: Another question from a newbie's father - 08/26/14 05:07 AM

Depends on a lot. Draw weight if you're thinking mechanicals is a big factor tho.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum