Texas Hunting Forum

Crossbow Brands

Posted By: Sw0970

Crossbow Brands - 08/23/14 04:41 PM

Looking at purchasing a high end crossbow for hog and deer hunting 50-60yard. I found a few models i like curious who is a better manufacturer and top of the line out of the following. I plan to spend 600-1000 on the set up. I have no idea if you look at FPS or impact lbs. so any suggestions around that. The few brands I liked.

Excalibur - Like because you can change string in field and is light
Barrnett - Lower cost , high FPS
Ten Point - Features
Posted By: DFWPI

Re: Crossbow Brands - 08/23/14 07:43 PM

Ten Point is an excellent company, as is Excalibur. I've owned both, but sold the Ten Point because I didn't want to have any problems with string/cable changes. I own the Matrix 380 and can change the strings in a matter of minutes. And the Matrix line is are shorter than the longer, older Excals.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Crossbow Brands - 08/23/14 08:17 PM

Excalibur, ten point parker and darting all make very good bows. Have had a parker tornado for six years and it still shoots great. I like the compounds for the narrower bow and like the draw cycle better than the recurves
Posted By: rjd

Re: Crossbow Brands - 08/24/14 02:52 AM

While I question the 50-60 yard part (it can be done, but is it ethical as an animal can move a lot in the time it takes an arrow to travel that far), Excalibur and Ten Point both have good products and service. Depending on if you want a recurve for simplicity, or a compound, you might also check out Kodabow, Camx, and Scorpyd.

I am a recurve (simple) type and own both an Excalibur and a Kodabow. Each is very different and great in their own ways.
Posted By: TonyinVA

Re: Crossbow Brands - 08/25/14 08:33 PM

I have a Parker and the strings are always an issue. I wish I had purchased an Excalibur.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum