Texas Hunting Forum

qad

Posted By: sevensixtytwo

qad - 08/17/14 04:46 AM

Finally popped for a qad containment rest to replace my whisker. My arrows fly better than they ever have. I highly recommend losing that whisker rest.
Posted By: PhilR

Re: qad - 08/17/14 11:11 AM

Got one. Love it.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: qad - 08/17/14 01:05 PM

QAD make some good rests. Have one on my bow after shooting whiskers for a while, Drop away rests are the way to go.
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: qad - 08/17/14 02:13 PM

I broke my neck rushing out to get a WB when they first came out, I got rid of it the next day. There are a lot of good containment arrow rest out there if that's your preference, but you just can't beat a drop away.
That's why there are such diversities of equipment; to put in a nut shell "Different strokes for different folks" if it works for you then it's the best!
Posted By: passthru

Re: qad - 08/17/14 02:33 PM

The QAD is a containment rest as well as a drop away. Best of both worlds.

Re: qad - 08/17/14 02:34 PM

And I killed a lot of animals with a Biscuit on my bows.
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: qad - 08/17/14 07:10 PM

Originally Posted By: passthru
And I killed a lot of animals with a Biscuit on my bows.

Sorry, It sure would be hard for me to shoot with a biscuit on my bow... I'd want some gravy. lol35

Re: qad - 08/18/14 08:18 PM

I had gravy with much of the meat from those critters. Does that count?

Seriously the biscuit is a decent rest. It just didn't give me the full potential of accuracy with my bow. There are a few other little things but mainly I shrunk my groups considerably.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: qad - 08/18/14 11:34 PM

I vote for the biscuit too for the beginner that doesn't want to drop a ton of cash yet. Me, I just got my QAD today too. Such a good product.

Did you get your little SOG knife with yours. I think that's cool that they do that, makes you feel a little better about dropping top dollar on a rest if you ask me! Lol

Re: qad - 08/19/14 04:30 PM

I didn't get anything with mine. frown

Re: qad - 08/19/14 08:36 PM

Did you buy the hunter or the HD? If it was the HD, someone is walking around with your knife sir!
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: qad - 08/20/14 10:49 AM

I use a QAD on mine too. I like it alot, I will always use a drop away from now on

Re: qad - 08/20/14 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Bullfrog
Did you buy the hunter or the HD? If it was the HD, someone is walking around with your knife sir!

The HD, I wish I had known!

Re: qad - 08/20/14 11:22 PM

Originally Posted By: sevensixtytwo
Originally Posted By: Bullfrog

The HD, I wish I had known!

If a shop installed it for you, they kept it. You should ask them for it back

Re: qad - 08/20/14 11:27 PM

Ya know what, I feel bad fer ya, send me your mailing address, and I'll send you the one I just got. I still have the first one I bought. Someone somewhere stiffed ya. They'll get theirs

Re: qad - 08/21/14 07:43 AM

Thanks for the offer Bullfrog!
Posted By: mightberedneck

Re: qad - 09/03/14 03:22 AM

Originally Posted By: sevensixtytwo
Finally popped for a qad containment rest to replace my whisker. My arrows fly better than they ever have. I highly recommend losing that whisker rest.

I just did the same and agree
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: qad - 09/03/14 12:31 PM

I've got the QAD HD and and apache. Both good rests. I like the new G3. Fixed all my complaints about the vapor trail pro
Posted By: marshman

Re: qad - 09/04/14 03:08 AM

I been thinking of replacing my biscuit with one of these. Yall just helped me make up my mind!
Posted By: Gummi Bear

Re: qad - 09/05/14 04:03 PM

Marshman -

There is a difference between the pricepoint Hunter model, and the HDX. Yup, the high end one is twice as expensive, but worth it.

They had to get cheap on the hunter to make that price, metal parts become plastic, some adjustments are left out and so forth.

Save up, and get the good one. It will outlast the cheap one many times over, and is worth the extra cash.

I have an older HD on my bow, it has been on there for 3 sets of strings (I shoot quite a bit) and still showing no signs of letting up.

I think the Whisker Biscuit is a pretty good rest. It offers full containment, allows for reasonably accurate shooting (look at Pigman shooting his at 100 yards on YouTube), and is pretty much fail safe. They are a great first rest for new shooters and kids, and if you back country hunt a lot, I can see them being a good idea there as well.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: qad - 09/05/14 04:07 PM

Mine actually hdx.

Like gummi was saying higher the money more adjustability meaning more fine tuning
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum