Texas Hunting Forum

Think Im gonna have to start building my own arrows

Posted By: Arrowslinger82

Think Im gonna have to start building my own arrows - 08/17/14 02:43 AM

So I shoot easton fmj's, and a little over a week ago I had a near Robin Hood that hit the knock of the arrow in the target thus ruining the arrow in the target.... Now I had only bought 6 of these since they are pricey, so I went to my local shop thinking I was gonna get a new one and be back to my 6 I carry in the field.. Well they only carry the camo version of the fmj now, not the black one. So I was like "ok, lets order 7 so I can just have a full dozen and won't have to deal with it for a while." A week went by... nothin.. so I called and they haven't come in yet. So practicing last night, yep you know it.. another one, this time it was a full fledged Robin. That would normally be great, but hell Im running out of arrows lol. Im thinking I just need to get a fletching tool and stuff so I can repair my own, didn't think this through too much I guess in the beginning. But its sure hurting the pocketbook now. lol
Posted By: ju993rnaut

Re: Think Im gonna have to start building my own arrows - 08/17/14 02:58 AM

Been there done that. Its time for you to stop shooting groups. Its all fun and games until you realize each arrow is a $10 bill down the drain.

Re: Think Im gonna have to start building my own arrows - 08/17/14 05:03 AM

yeah it was funny, my wife was outside with me and i heard it hit and said DAMMIT!!! she was like "what the hell, i thought that was good?" i informed her of the cost and she understood then lol
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Think Im gonna have to start building my own arrows - 08/17/14 09:03 AM

They make multiple dot targets for a reason

The first one or two are cool, after that they are just expensive.
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Think Im gonna have to start building my own arrows - 08/17/14 02:18 PM

Originally Posted By: kmon1

We have a winner!! Egg-zactly.

Re: Think Im gonna have to start building my own arrows - 08/17/14 03:34 PM

Yeah and I usually go for different dots. Had dropped my bow and wanted to make sure it was still on more than once. I don't usually have this problem cause I try to be cautious and shoot different dots.
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Think Im gonna have to start building my own arrows - 08/17/14 07:06 PM

We've all done it; we have all shot the same spot to see what kind of group we can get.

I have a tree 33 yards off my deck at our lake house at P.K. That's where I used to sit my bag target and most of the time put up balloons to shoot at, in the picture I hit the balloon and kept shooting to check out my groups.
Before my car crash three years ago I shot compounds; now I've graduated to traditional.

so when we tease you about spots we're just messing with you. There isn't one on here that hasn't shot at the same spot. And yes we break arrows; just part of the game.

Today out here at the lake I'm going to attempt to hit an Ozarka bottle cap at 40 yards with my recurve. I'm sure I'm going to bust some arrows, it is what it is. roflmao

Posted By: Ryan81

Re: Think Im gonna have to start building my own arrows - 08/17/14 07:49 PM

Bought some brand new Easton Bowfires about 3 weeks ago. A few days later I walked back in with 3 of them and he asked what was wrong. No robin hood but I had already ripped 3 vanes.

At 10-15 an arrow, I'll use the multiple dots from now on.
Posted By: Bowhunt Only

Re: Think Im gonna have to start building my own arrows - 08/17/14 09:46 PM

X2 up
Posted By: Opening Day

Re: Think Im gonna have to start building my own arrows - 08/17/14 10:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Bowhunt Only

X2 up

Uh hu.
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Think Im gonna have to start building my own arrows - 08/19/14 08:36 PM

multi dots here, shoot one group at first to verify and then all dif spots
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum