Texas Hunting Forum

obsession and xpedition bows, any feedback?

Posted By: jshouse

obsession and xpedition bows, any feedback? - 07/24/14 05:00 PM

as soon as i can sell my bow i am going to go shoot the obsession evolution and xpedition xcentric, reviews on other sites have been very good just wanted to see if anyone here had any experience with them...
Posted By: Wes70

Re: obsession and xpedition bows, any feedback? - 07/25/14 02:35 AM

I was not real impressed with the Xpedition. I have not shot an obsession yet.
Posted By: bphillips

Re: obsession and xpedition bows, any feedback? - 07/25/14 07:38 AM

My obsession Knightmare is a great bow. I haven't got to shoot the new ones but guys I know really love the bows from both. Speed bows that draw smooth and hunting bows that rival any draw except maybe elite but with more speed. I have an eccentric that came in while I've been gone at work so I'll know more in a week or so when I get home.

I know for sure Obsession makes a bow that at a minimum hangs with the big boys and I'm sure they both do if not better.
Posted By: mmcan

Re: obsession and xpedition bows, any feedback? - 07/30/14 06:36 PM

I shot the Xped and Obsessions a couple of weeks ago with Josh at Collin County Archery.. Great guy and not too far away in Princeton, north texas. I ordered an Obsession Evolution on the spot. I liked the Xped as well, but I liked how the ObsEvo drew, and how it felt releasing the arrow. It was very smooth and had no vibration at all. Fast, quiet, accurate.

And the wait begins,........
Posted By: Curtis

Re: obsession and xpedition bows, any feedback? - 07/30/14 07:22 PM

The faster bows should allow me to drop down from shooting a 70# bow to a 60# and I can enjoy having my shoulder and shooting more, right? That's my theory anyway. I dont need the 70#. I Like the speed for hopefully a flatter trajectory but not if its going to sacrifice quiet and accuracy. I keep hearing good things about the Obsession but I still have not seen anyone with one.

There seems to be lots of good competition in the archery market. As long as the manufacturer is reputable and stands by what they say they make and their warranty it should be easier to get a good quiet bow. I'm selling my current one and I will be looking at getting a new one later this year.
Posted By: jshouse

Re: obsession and xpedition bows, any feedback? - 07/30/14 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: mmcan
I shot the Xped and Obsessions a couple of weeks ago with Josh at Collin County Archery.. Great guy and not too far away in Princeton, north texas. I ordered an Obsession Evolution on the spot. I liked the Xped as well, but I liked how the ObsEvo drew, and how it felt releasing the arrow. It was very smooth and had no vibration at all. Fast, quiet, accurate.

And the wait begins,........

i am going to shoot them next week, how long did they tell you it would take? i heard there was a couple month wait....

Re: obsession and xpedition bows, any feedback? - 07/30/14 11:38 PM

They said 4 weeks, and I sure hope that holds true. I have seen quite a few posts on Archery Talk stating they've waited longer, unfortunately.

Josh was confident he could get an Xped quicker, but I enjoyed the Obsession more and will wait on it. I have a great bow already (HeliM) and can shoot it well. I just wanted another bow!

Last weekend w my HeliM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xKfndodFQI&list=UUXCJ5XY37hlNc6fmBJwRMMA
Posted By: Wes70

Re: obsession and xpedition bows, any feedback? - 07/31/14 09:10 PM

They said 4 weeks, and I sure hope that holds true. I have seen quite a few posts on Archery Talk stating they've waited longer, unfortunately.

Josh was confident he could get an Xped quicker, but I enjoyed the Obsession more and will wait on it. I have a great bow already (HeliM) and can shoot it well. I just wanted another bow!

Last weekend w my HeliM

You are looking more at 6-8 weeks.

Re: obsession and xpedition bows, any feedback? - 08/11/14 10:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Wes70

Last weekend w my HeliM

You are looking more at 6-8 weeks.

I hope you are wrong bc I am soooo excited about setting this bow up. But if it arrives late, I'm still good to go w my HeliM.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum