Texas Hunting Forum

Excalibur Phoenix crossbow help

Posted By: booger

Excalibur Phoenix crossbow help - 04/26/14 11:14 AM

I have the chance to swap an extra rifle , about $400-$450 value, I have for one of these crossbows. I'm a newbie and don't know a lot about them. Any help would be welcomed on its pro/cons.

Re: Excalibur Phoenix crossbow help - 04/26/14 11:48 AM

Here is the setup/package I am looking at.

Guy told me this:
Bought it new last hunting season. I bought it for 700 I added a TruGlo scope, Limbsavers, cocking rope, 2 bolts, 3 Montec broad heads, sling, target tips, wax
Posted By: DFWPI

Re: Excalibur Phoenix crossbow help - 04/26/14 01:02 PM

I would go to www.crossbownation.com and poise the question there. I go by speed trap there. A lot of good info and you can probably find the answer.

What rifle you swapping? I know that last year, one could have bought the matrix 355 for about $700,if they shopped around.
Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Excalibur Phoenix crossbow help - 04/26/14 01:08 PM

I would not swap a firearm for a bow, jmo.

Re: Excalibur Phoenix crossbow help - 04/26/14 03:40 PM

When you have 3 of the same calibur and it's something the whole family can use ....

Re: Excalibur Phoenix crossbow help - 04/26/14 11:13 PM

Booger, what gun you swapping?
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Excalibur Phoenix crossbow help - 04/27/14 02:06 AM

Excalibur Phoenix is a discontinued model, good crossbow but no longer being manufactured.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Excalibur Phoenix crossbow help - 04/27/14 02:16 AM

Originally Posted By: dgilbert
I would not swap a firearm for a bow, jmo.

What would be the difference of selling the firearm for cash and then taking that same amount of cash and buying a used x-bow?

Re: Excalibur Phoenix crossbow help - 04/27/14 03:18 AM

25-06 is my trade bait
Posted By: rjd

Re: Excalibur Phoenix crossbow help - 04/27/14 04:05 AM

The Matrix line replaced all the Excalibur line except Axiom/Ibex last year. Although their bows have a lifetime warrenty, I would probably not trade. You can find a better deal (check out Excalibur crossbow forum, and other xbow forums).

Generally, archery equipment loses value a lot quicker than rifle stuff. Last years bow model sells at a fraction of new cost. Last years rifle sells for near new price. JMO

Of course if the rifle you have is a Remington 710/770, trade fast!
Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Excalibur Phoenix crossbow help - 04/27/14 12:32 PM

Quote:
Generally, archery equipment loses value a lot quicker than rifle stuff.

Yep, bows go out of date, parts become hard to find, especially a discontinue bow, bows generally die, firearms don't. Wish I had a crossbow to trade ya, I would do it in a hard beat.

Re: Excalibur Phoenix crossbow help - 04/27/14 02:19 PM

Well, the guy was a no show/ no return contact on the trade so I still have 3 25-06 rifles in the safe....

Re: Excalibur Phoenix crossbow help - 04/27/14 04:33 PM

Originally Posted By: booger
Well, the guy was a no show/ no return contact on the trade so I still have 3 25-06 rifles in the safe....

Well I may want to trade you for your Sako A-7 25/06

Re: Excalibur Phoenix crossbow help - 04/28/14 01:30 AM

If it was a Sako I dang sure wouldn't part with it.... It's a Savage
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum