Texas Hunting Forum

Best budget x bow

Posted By: Brother in-law

Best budget x bow - 04/12/14 12:43 PM

Is there a best budget x bow under $500? My bday is coming up fast and I'm thinking about planting the bug in the wife's head.
I would just ask for a gift card to either cabela or BP.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Best budget x bow - 04/12/14 01:13 PM

Under 500 Wicked Ridge Warrior HL or Parker Enforcer are the 2 I would be checking out.
Posted By: DFWPI

Re: Best budget x bow - 04/12/14 03:55 PM

Prob Wicked Ridge, just because its a Ten Point company.
Posted By: luvpigmeet

Re: Best budget x bow - 04/13/14 01:29 AM

Have a Parker. Doesn't take long to sight it in. Has an issue, fixed it no problem. Great customer service.

Re: Best budget x bow - 04/13/14 01:49 AM

I have a Ten Point and Excalibur. I wish now I would not have bought the Ten Point, not that its not a good bow, in fact, its an excellent bow. However, I like the Excalibur because I can do all the work on it myself, and for the Ten Point, I would need a press. Save up an extra $400 and buy the Ten Point from me. I paid $1200 for it in January 2014.
Posted By: Trash Fish and Cull Bucks

Re: Best budget x bow - 04/13/14 08:57 PM

I bought a Diamond (Rock) a few years back and have been very happy with it. Completely rigged out, it was right around $500. You might check out a Diamond.

Re: Best budget x bow - 04/14/14 02:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Trash Fish and Cull Bucks
I bought a Diamond (Rock) a few years back and have been very happy with it. Completely rigged out, it was right around $500. You might check out a Diamond.

Never heard of a Diamond Rock crossbow. When was it made?
Posted By: RMCFACE

Re: Best budget x bow - 04/14/14 07:34 PM

Just bought my son who returned from Afghanistan a Hoyt Carbon Fiber at the Bargain Hunter Outdoors (817)598-0026 in Weatherford and dealt with Randy at the Bow Desk. He was overly helpful in fitting and adjusting the bow to fit my son. Great guy to deal with and very good price. I met a guy in the range shooting and he mentioned a $400.00 package bow that he had just purchased here and was ecstatic with but I did not get the brand name. You may check with them.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Best budget x bow - 04/14/14 10:03 PM

So much for a budget x bow. Mama made an order today on a new ten point

Re: Best budget x bow - 04/14/14 11:31 PM

I'm thinking some people are thinking compound bow instead of crossbow smile

Re: Best budget x bow - 04/14/14 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Brother in-law
So much for a budget x bow. Mama made an order today on a new ten point

happybday

Well that is a little early but sounds like Mama is taking good care of her boy. Just remember she has a B-day or kitchen passes might be difficult to find

Re: Best budget x bow - 04/14/14 11:48 PM

Originally Posted By: DFWPI
I'm thinking some people are thinking compound bow instead of crossbow smile

Yup, been some vertical bows mentioned like the Diamond Rock and fitted youth bows
Posted By: Buckenvy

Re: Best budget x bow - 04/30/14 10:33 PM

Horton summit 150 cross bow, hard case truglo 4x scope $250... pm me...was my Dads
GoldTip bolt and hoyt 125gr broadheads
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum