Texas Hunting Forum

Carter Chocolate Addiction or Stan Shootoff

Posted By: chrisj81

Carter Chocolate Addiction or Stan Shootoff - 04/08/14 06:24 PM

I am considering the purchase of a Stan Shootoff and currently use the chocolate addiction. Any insight or your preferences? It will be used for target and hunting. I prefer to use the same release for everything
Posted By: Buckenvy

Re: Carter Chocolate Addiction or Stan Shootoff - 04/09/14 05:14 PM

I love my carter simply1
Posted By: Hosshunter

Re: Carter Chocolate Addiction or Stan Shootoff - 04/13/14 04:49 PM

I shot the Shootoff 4 finger for a season. It's a great release with an excellent double sear trigger. Probably one of the most crisp triggers out there. You can set it as heavy as you want and it still breaks clean. The edges of the body are a little sharp close to the hook and can be a little rough on the D-loop. The grip has a pretty distinct sweep. That being said, I switched to the Scott Exxus. I like the feel of a 3 finger and the Exxus pretty much ripped off all the good qualities of the Shootoff and improved them. Take a look at them.
Posted By: Gummi Bear

Re: Carter Chocolate Addiction or Stan Shootoff - 04/16/14 02:36 AM

I'd say that the size of your hands, and how it feels to you is the deciding factors.

I see a bunch of people make the mistake of using too large of a release, and they develop some funny habits.

I currently shoot a Carter Big Kid, but have a Shootoff Quattro (medium) on my wish list. I really like how it feels in my hand.

I like shooting a hinge sometimes too. It has never been a difficult for me to transition between styles of release. I am interested in trying out the new Backspin to see what the excitement is about.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum