Texas Hunting Forum

Bowtech questions

Posted By: freonfreak82

Bowtech questions - 02/19/14 06:37 PM

Been shooting several different bows in the midrange price point. Thinking I settled on the bowtech carbon knight. Anyone have any experience with them? Pros? Cons?
Posted By: 1FowlHntR

Re: Bowtech questions - 02/19/14 07:52 PM

I don't think Bowtech makes a bad bow...I shoot the Destroyer 350. It is Fast, smooth, has a solid back wall, and is forgiving when you shoot it. I've heard nothing but good things about the Cabon Knight. maybe someone that has one will chime in soon with their good word!! Good luck on your purchase!!
Posted By: smithwr

Re: Bowtech questions - 02/20/14 06:59 PM

I shoot an assassian and my BIL shoots a CK. You cannot go wrong with bowtech.
Posted By: BowsnRods

Re: Bowtech questions - 02/21/14 12:18 AM

Myself and my son both shoot the Bowtech Assassian and have had no complaints.
Posted By: bbqfan5909

Re: Bowtech questions - 02/21/14 02:59 AM

I would opt for the carbon overdrive...basically a knight with binary cams.
Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: Bowtech questions - 02/21/14 03:16 AM

Originally Posted By: bbqfan5909
I would opt for the carbon overdrive...basically a knight with binary cams.
Ahhh, All of Bowtechs bows have Binary Cams, it's their thing.

Re: Bowtech questions - 02/21/14 04:03 AM

Yeah that's what I was thinking.
Posted By: KYBLUEFAN

Re: Bowtech questions - 02/23/14 10:50 PM

The carbon OD has overdrive binary cams I think per bowtech's website. I was just in a pro shop Saturday who's a bowtech dealer and I shot the Carbon Knight and believe it will be my next bow. Bowtech just dropped the price on them too.

Re: Bowtech questions - 02/23/14 11:55 PM

I'm really thinking with this really being my "first bow", since its been so long. That the carbon knight is the right one for me... However, the part of me that wants the best for the money tells me elite...
Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: Bowtech questions - 02/24/14 12:13 AM

I don't think you can go wrong wither way. I would shoot both side by side over and over an then make a decision. I think the Elite is smoother and a touch more forgiving, it will also have a better resale value in the long run. But since it is your first bow and Dollars and Cents matter, the Carbon Knight is right there. I own both Bowtech and Elite currently, so IMHO both manufacturers are great!

Re: Bowtech questions - 02/24/14 12:31 AM

thanks Chuck, as advised from another couple people I have taken a few days off from shooting... clearing the head on all that I have been presented with. However, when I was shooting them my mind is constantly thinking that one is 300 more than the other and i am trying to figure out why... lol just don't wanna have buyer's remorse like I did with the Drenalin I had
Posted By: ju993rnaut

Re: Bowtech questions - 02/24/14 01:42 AM

My first bow was a bowtech assassin. It was a very good bow and very similar to the carbon knight. My 2nd bow was an Elite Answer. I learned a lot making the switch. The Elite pull is a lot smoother and it feels easier at the same given weights. A session of shooting doesn't kill my shoulder, I can shoot all day. I like the grip more. It holds easier at full draw IMHO. On let down the bow is a lot more controllable, it doesn't want to detach my arm from my body. I shot my first robin hood ever with the Elite, I just plain shoot it better. I value comfort and being able to shoot all day. That's why I would spend the extra $300. The reason Why for everyone is different.

Re: Bowtech questions - 02/24/14 03:25 AM

why did you switch from bowtech to elite? vs buying another bowtech when you upgraded
Posted By: ju993rnaut

Re: Bowtech questions - 02/24/14 01:29 PM

I wanted something more comfortable and something I could shoot all day. Elite fit the bill for me. I felt like shooting an Elite and I liked it.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum