Texas Hunting Forum

What brand and why?

Posted By: freonfreak82

What brand and why? - 02/15/14 07:08 PM

Pretty straight forward question. I've shot several brands and I think I'm on overload. Between arrows, bows, releases, etcetera. Starting with the bow. Got it between bowtech, Mathews and Hoyt. Which brand would you go with and why? Thanks in advance guys.
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: What brand and why? - 02/15/14 08:02 PM

I lean towards Bowtech because that's what I am shooting now. All three that you mentioned are top of the line. I guess a little more info about what you want the bow for and your experience level might help narrow it down.
Posted By: ju993rnaut

Re: What brand and why? - 02/15/14 09:52 PM

What models of each brand are you looking at?
Posted By: freonfreak82

Re: What brand and why? - 02/15/14 11:03 PM

Looking at all models to be honest. Last bow I had was a Mathews drenalin when they first came out. Shot quite a bit with it but only hogs and target practice. That obviously was 6-7 years ago. So my experience level is newbie I guess. But I don't want junk. My issue is when someone says it's quieter or faster. It's marginal given my experience level. What I've been shooting more than anything else at pro shops is the bowtech carbon knight.
Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: What brand and why? - 02/15/14 11:18 PM

Elite, there is a reason the top two shooters in the nation jumped to them this year.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: What brand and why? - 02/16/14 06:19 AM

Originally Posted By: freonfreak82
Pretty straight forward question. I've shot several brands and I think I'm on overload. Between arrows, bows, releases, etcetera. Starting with the bow. Got it between bowtech, Mathews and Hoyt. Which brand would you go with and why? Thanks in advance guys.

I've never liked the back wall of a single cam. I shoot elite and bowtech, nothing wrong with Hoyt, just liked the speed of the bowtechs, and if shooting all day I like elites draw cycle
Posted By: PhilR

Re: What brand and why? - 02/16/14 01:22 PM

Shoot all 3 brands and the various models of each. Let the bow pick you.

I fell in love with Mathews, but that's just me and it works.
Posted By: foodieguy

Re: What brand and why? - 02/21/14 05:08 AM

I was on a budget and went with a Mission Craze. Good starter bow that I can upgrade and "grow into" as i learn more. My local shop had a pretty good package deal too her in Austin. But I did shoot a few and this one felt easy to shoot.
Posted By: Nolan Outdoors

Re: What brand and why? - 02/21/14 12:32 PM

Quote:

I fell in love with Mathews, but that's just me and it works.

^^^^^^^^^^^ Words of wisdom right here^^^^^^^^^^^
Posted By: Bowhunt Only

Re: What brand and why? - 02/21/14 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By: PhilR

X3

Don't get caught up in all the hype about this bow's faster than that one, this bow is quieter than that one, blah blah blah. All three are great bows. You absolutely can't go wrong with any of them. Shoot all 3, pick the bow you like the best. Simple as that.

Forget the hype! They're all good!!!!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum