Texas Hunting Forum

Arrows

Posted By: jjjaloway

Arrows - 02/11/14 01:56 PM

I am looking into getting some new hunting arrows. I want to try some of the small diameter arrows. What's the best bang for the buck?
Posted By: FoxTrot

Re: Arrows - 02/11/14 02:54 PM

Carbon Force Radial X Weave IMO are best bang for your buck. I shoot them on occasion and they are great arrows for the price.

However, my primary go to arrow is Carbon Express Maxima Hunter. They are not cheap but they are worth their weight in gold.

Re: Arrows - 02/11/14 02:55 PM

To add....Ive shot just about every brand out there. You couldnt pay me to shoot beman or gold tips either.

I am wanting to try out the Blood Sport arrows made by Muddy. Muddy makes a good product so I would think that their arrows are good too.
Posted By: PhilR

Re: Arrows - 02/11/14 03:18 PM

I'm currently shooting Black Eagle Carnivores, but I will soon be ordering some Black Eagle Deep Impact.

Excellent arrows and decent prices.
Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: Arrows - 02/11/14 03:39 PM

I just started shooting black eagle challengers on my ASA rig. I am really impressed I will have to try their hunting arrows on my hunting rig. Currently I am hunting with CE Blue Streaks and have no complaints, great arrow. I would not recommend smaller diameter arrows, most either don't have enough mass or their spine is too weak for most hunting bows. With hunting arrows, you want to keeps your mass up.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Arrows - 02/11/14 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By: PhilR
I'm currently shooting Black Eagle Carnivores, but I will soon be ordering some Black Eagle Deep Impact.

Excellent arrows and decent prices.

Love my deep impacts. FOC is great and outcerts are very tough. Micro arrow and high FOC has really helped me push my range.

as far as blowing through animals....:)

Does well if you do your part

Re: Arrows - 02/11/14 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Chuck McDonald
I just started shooting black eagle challengers on my ASA rig. I am really impressed I will have to try their hunting arrows on my hunting rig. Currently I am hunting with CE Blue Streaks and have no complaints, great arrow. I would not recommend smaller diameter arrows, most either don't have enough mass or their spine is too weak for most hunting bows. With hunting arrows, you want to keeps your mass up.

Disagree on the micro arrows smile

CE bluestreaks are great arrows though. My BS are 360 my deep impacts are 415
Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: Arrows - 02/11/14 07:14 PM

Sorry, I just saw micro arrow and flashed back 20 years to the mini spaghetti arrows we used to shot through overdraws. I guess the term is still relevant, however I don't consider Deep Impacts to be truly micro sized.

Re: Arrows - 02/11/14 07:42 PM

Injection, DI, Vap, and muddy's are micro arrows

.218-.255 depending on spine

My Deep Impacts are .240 OD

One thing about these arrows is your knock point and string loop size will change
Posted By: TKM

Re: Arrows - 02/12/14 02:34 AM

Originally Posted By: FoxTrot
To add....Ive shot just about every brand out there. You couldnt pay me to shoot beman or gold tips either.

I am wanting to try out the Blood Sport arrows made by Muddy. Muddy makes a good product so I would think that their arrows are good too.

I just bought half doz gold tips to try out. What was it you didn't like about them?

Re: Arrows - 02/12/14 02:39 AM

Originally Posted By: TKM
Originally Posted By: FoxTrot

I just bought half doz gold tips to try out. What was it you didn't like about them?

The ? Should be...what did I like about them. I would answer that with...nothing. They are junk. I will never waste my hard earned $ on them again.
Posted By: WhitetailFreak

Re: Arrows - 02/21/14 10:51 PM

Easton Full Metal Jackets
Posted By: ju993rnaut

Re: Arrows - 02/22/14 02:34 AM

Originally Posted By: WhitetailFreak
Easton Full Metal Jackets

X2. When shooting these and a regular carbon arrow side by side you can see a clear difference in the KE being delivered on the target. Great hunting arrows.
Posted By: BobbyS413

Re: Arrows - 02/23/14 03:52 AM

Easton injexion
Posted By: Nolan Outdoors

Re: Arrows - 02/23/14 02:13 PM

Take a look at Black Eagle Arrows. hard to beat.
Posted By: ttechcolleyville

Re: Arrows - 03/02/14 01:34 AM

Black Eagle Deep Impact. I haven't hunted with them yet, but I like how I am shooting with them.
Posted By: Buckenvy

Re: Arrows - 03/02/14 01:53 AM

FYI: friend of mine broke the upper split limbs on his Bow, MFG warrentied no problem,gave him new Brand New Bow, with $100gift card, but said his arrows were to light...might check minimum requirements for what Bow your shooting.
I shoot GoldTip Velocity .300spine 400gr TAW
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum