Texas Hunting Forum

Heli m or Creed?

Posted By: 2Gs

Heli m or Creed? - 10/19/13 10:07 PM

I am going to trade my switchback in and can't decide on the heli m or a creed. I am gonna go shoot both to see which one feels better but wanted to see what yall's input was on them as well. Thanks!
Posted By: Jmac19

Re: Heli m or Creed? - 10/19/13 10:44 PM

Wait till the 2014 models come out next month, that's what I'd do
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Heli m or Creed? - 10/20/13 01:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Jmac19
Wait till the 2014 models come out next month, that's what I'd do

X2
Posted By: BAR940

Re: Heli m or Creed? - 10/20/13 03:00 AM

Neither. They are both Mathews.

IMO, their quality and shootability declined when they discontinued their Drenalin, Switchback and DXT models.
Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: Heli m or Creed? - 10/20/13 09:53 AM

Originally Posted By: BAR940
Neither. They are both Mathews.

IMO, their quality and shootability declined when they discontinued their Drenalin, Switchback and DXT models.

Creed or Monster, couldn't give me a Heli-M, well you could but I would just turn around and sell it. But I would wait for 2014 models to come out.

On the other hand I agree with the above you already have a better bow than what Mathews is making now, so why change.
Posted By: FoxTrot

Re: Heli m or Creed? - 10/20/13 06:46 PM

Creed is by far a better bow than the Heli-m. Like others said...neither are near the bow that you already have. If you have to have a new bow then the creed is the way to go but you can also look around at a few others brands unless you have been brainwashed
Posted By: HoughTown

Re: Heli m or Creed? - 10/20/13 08:29 PM

I like the Creed better, but I don't know much about the Heli.
Posted By: MSU

Re: Heli m or Creed? - 10/20/13 09:26 PM

Go shoot them, I shot them both a few weeks ago and ended up buying the heliM, it just felt better.
Posted By: aggiehunter03

Re: Heli m or Creed? - 10/23/13 04:09 PM

I love my HeliM. Drew the Creed back but didn't shoot it because I wasn't gonna pay for one. Had a DXT before and liked it too. I buy one year old bows from the classifieds on Archerytalk for about a 1/3 off the new price. I wouldn't buy a new one.
Posted By: mada

Re: Heli m or Creed? - 10/24/13 12:58 AM

I love my z7x but not to sure about the creed since its a split limb. heli m is to light
Posted By: Trust

Re: Heli m or Creed? - 10/24/13 10:41 PM

Keep the Switchback, I've shot the new ones and while they may have some "cool" new stuff they don't feel as good as my Switchback XT.
Posted By: BobbyS413

Re: Heli m or Creed? - 10/25/13 09:30 PM

I had a z7 and shot the creed and the chill, In my opinion the chill was the option for me hands down. But I know we are all different, I would definitely go shoot the 2 bows and decide that way. Being a Mathews you really cant go wrong with either choice. Good luck
Posted By: RemRug

Re: Heli m or Creed? - 10/26/13 09:54 PM

Carbon Spyder. Oops that's a Hoyt.
Posted By: passthru

Re: Heli m or Creed? - 10/26/13 10:54 PM

Hoyt = LOUD. Light weight to be sure. But they sound like two 2x4s beig whacked together. Even with my pitiful hearing.
Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: Heli m or Creed? - 10/26/13 11:28 PM

Well since people are getting off topic and throwing out other bows, Elite Just released their 2014 bows. Here is what I am most likely ordering in December.

Posted By: BAR940

Re: Heli m or Creed? - 10/28/13 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck McDonald
Well since people are getting off topic and throwing out other bows, Elite Just released their 2014 bows. Here is what I am most likely ordering in December.

Elite is by far better than a Mathews ever dreamed of being.
Posted By: Milam

Re: Heli m or Creed? - 10/28/13 04:14 PM

Go shoot them both. I ended up buying a Chill this year after shooting all I could. I put all brands aside and when with what felt best for me.
Posted By: 2Gs

Heli m or Creed?..... Updated with pic! - 01/14/14 02:36 AM

I decided to go with the Creed XS. I have enjoyed it so far.

[img:center]http://[/img]
Posted By: passthru

Re: Heli m or Creed?..... Updated with pic! - 01/15/14 04:23 PM

Lot's of extra room in that bow case.
Posted By: millerliteliker

Re: Heli m or Creed?..... Updated with pic! - 01/17/14 03:51 PM

I get a kick out of all the negative remarks about different brand of bows. I shoot a Mathews Z7 and out of three sons they shoot Hoyt, Bowtech, and Mathews. You know what - none of us have any trouble shooting animals with any of our bows.

That being said, I have not heard good things about the HeliM. The Creed has a much better reputation. I have not bought a new bow because my 4 year old Z7 shoots just fine.
Posted By: Bassinbutch

Re: Heli m or Creed?..... Updated with pic! - 01/17/14 08:26 PM

I'm loving my Creed xs... I've shot the helim but creed has a better feel to me
Posted By: jsix321

Re: Heli m or Creed?..... Updated with pic! - 01/25/14 03:50 AM

I shoot a creed and really like it. I was skeptical about the split limb on a Mathews because I really like, and still do, my Z7 magnum and that they seem to be known for their single limb and solo cam. I'm finding myself using the creed a lot more than the Z. Really nice bow and couldn't be happier. But like the other guy said, try the different brands. Some will feel better to you than others. To me I can draw a Mathews easier and one of my buddies will tell you a hoyts easier while another will say his elite. I think the bow and cam will pick you.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum