Texas Hunting Forum

shooting high and low

Posted By: brokenpole

shooting high and low - 09/19/13 06:56 PM

all over the place high and low, grouped together, everything is tight, could my peep be moving around on me
Posted By: DFWPI

Re: shooting high and low - 09/19/13 07:10 PM

Not sure. Is it tied in? Are all screws.tightened?
Posted By: brokenpole

Re: shooting high and low - 09/19/13 07:18 PM

tied in, everything is tight
Posted By: East Texas Archery & Bait

Re: shooting high and low - 09/19/13 10:12 PM

what size peep? anchor points? form! arrow the same.
Posted By: ryorgensen

Re: shooting high and low - 09/19/13 11:23 PM

Make sure you find a good anchor point. I put my knuckle in the same spot behind ear. And make sure your pin is in center of peep when you squeeze release.
Posted By: sw53

Re: shooting high and low - 09/19/13 11:29 PM

Make sure all of your nocks are indexed the same way with the fletchings.If not a fletching may be barely hitting the arrow rest and causing the variation.

Re: shooting high and low - 09/20/13 12:31 AM

Originally Posted By: sw53
Make sure all of your nocks are indexed the same way with the fletchings.If not a fletching may be barely hitting the arrow rest and causing the variation.

That would depend on which arrow rest though.

Re: shooting high and low - 09/20/13 12:35 AM

Without seeing your shooting style it is going to be hard to nail it down. You will, as you can see, get a lot of advice and opinions, so take that with a grain of salt. It could be that you are.dropping your arm, punching the trigger, not having a proper form, or ten other things.

Have somebody video your shooting style and post it up, or head ober to your local pro shop.
Posted By: Woj

Re: shooting high and low - 09/20/13 06:16 PM

Are the same specific arrows hitting high every time and a different set of arrows hitting low every time? If yes, you have narrowed it down... maybe different field point weights or arrow weights / spine.

Re: shooting high and low - 09/20/13 07:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Woj
Are the same specific arrows hitting high every time and a different set of arrows hitting low every time? If yes, you have narrowed it down... maybe different field point weights or arrow weights / spine.

Hmm. How you figure that without knowing what he is using?

At 20 yards my 100 grain and 125 grain hit pretty much the same.place. Also my Aramids, Pile Drivers and Blue Streaks hit pretty durn close to the same spot as well at 20 yards.
Posted By: 7ARanch

Re: shooting high and low - 09/20/13 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Woj

If this is a potential problem, number your arrows and see if the same arrows shoot high/low etc. then you'll know it's your arrows and it will relate to tip weight, vane orientation to the rest etc.
As for your peep, I see a lot of peeps served in with two servings, one above and one below the peep both the prep and the servings can"feel" tight but still be slipping and it doesn't take much to cause what you are describing. The solution to this problem is to do a continues serving starting at the top or the bottom you make your first serving then wrap it around one of the splits in the bow string, make a wrap or two around the peep itself and continue up the opposite side if the split then make your other serving. The peep cannot move when done this way. Good luck
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum