Texas Hunting Forum

Good starter bow for neighbor

Posted By: jskin

Good starter bow for neighbor - 06/27/13 04:28 PM

My neighbor is looking for a good starter bow to get him going. Im not usually a fan of the bow package kits but for someone starting out not loking to drop a fortune it might be an option. I shoot a Strother Wrath but he obviously doesnt want to spend that much. What would yall recommend under $500 mark?
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Good starter bow for neighbor - 06/27/13 04:29 PM

Razor Edge
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: Good starter bow for neighbor - 06/27/13 10:30 PM

Diamond or Mission maybe
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Good starter bow for neighbor - 06/27/13 10:32 PM

Mission Ballistic, Venture, or Riot
Posted By: huntnguide83

Re: Good starter bow for neighbor - 06/28/13 03:38 AM

Diamond or mission lines
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Good starter bow for neighbor - 06/28/13 04:13 AM

Like the others said Diamond or Mission. For 500 can get a Diamond Edge, arrows, target and release.
Posted By: DFWPI

Re: Good starter bow for neighbor - 06/28/13 04:19 AM

Prob Mission Craze rigged with maybe dozen arrows if you go to right pro shop. No prob selling if he doesn't ike it.
Posted By: BnT

Re: Good starter bow for neighbor - 06/28/13 05:22 PM

I am kinda in the same boat. I am looking for a bow that is good for starting out and I can still use well into intermediate usage. Budget is around $400.

Not counting arrows and accessories and such.
Posted By: BnT

Re: Good starter bow for neighbor - 06/28/13 05:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Navasot
Razor Edge

I looked at that one but all I can find are youth razor edge's? confused2
Posted By: PWT

Re: Good starter bow for neighbor - 06/28/13 07:58 PM

Bear archery makes some good bows, I think there's some you can get around 400$ for bow only..
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Good starter bow for neighbor - 06/28/13 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By: BnT
Originally Posted By: Navasot
Razor Edge

I looked at that one but all I can find are youth razor edge's? confused2

It looks like a youth cuz its little but shoots dam good. unless your talkin bout the little toy bow
Posted By: Never missed

Re: Good starter bow for neighbor - 06/30/13 06:35 PM

Diamond core is nice I like it at 449
Posted By: tapout

Re: Good starter bow for neighbor - 06/30/13 08:33 PM

Mission
Posted By: Arrow_Splitter10

Re: Good starter bow for neighbor - 07/02/13 04:39 PM

Bowtech Assassin its their starter bow but it is a super bow!
Posted By: Sprman

Re: Good starter bow for neighbor - 07/08/13 03:28 PM

I would go with a Mission. I bought mine a few years ago rigged out ready to go and only changed a few things out and was still out the door for a little less than $500 with 2 dozen arrows
Posted By: JGilbert

Re: Good starter bow for neighbor - 07/08/13 05:41 PM

I can speak first hand of Diamond's Inf Edge bow. I have shot them and they have wide range of adjustment, and come pretty well setup for $349. That leaves enuf to buy stabilizer, Wrist Sling, Arrows, tips, release and target and practice quiver and come in right at the price point $500ish if you don't go cray on the extras. Havent shot a Mission, wasn't impressed w/ Bear for the pricepoint.
Posted By: Shoots with Pink Arrows

Re: Good starter bow for neighbor - 07/09/13 01:51 AM

Originally Posted By: JGilbert
I can speak first hand of Diamond's Inf Edge bow. I have shot them and they have wide range of adjustment, and come pretty well setup for $349. That leaves enuf to buy stabilizer, Wrist Sling, Arrows, tips, release and target and practice quiver and come in right at the price point $500ish if you don't go cray on the extras. Havent shot a Mission, wasn't impressed w/ Bear for the pricepoint.

Buck Fever comes free!
Posted By: ARQuacker

Re: Good starter bow for neighbor - 07/09/13 02:48 PM

Originally Posted By: JGilbert

I can agree with this too! I just bought a Diamond Inf Edge after trying several. Bow, arrows, case, target and trigger for ~$500. I've shot every day since I bought it. It's light, compact, smooth and forgiving. My wife has even started sniffing around it...and she's NEVER hunted ANYTHING!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum