Texas Hunting Forum

Genesis bows-opinions? looking for inexpensive bow for target shooting

Posted By: jdh78

Genesis bows-opinions? looking for inexpensive bow for target shooting - 11/10/12 08:20 PM

My dad wants a bow to shoot targets in the backyard-has no interest in bow hunting.

He is 6', in his 60's. Looking for a decent bow, will probably never be shot past 20 yard.

Saw the Genesis bows at Bass Pro-they are in the right price range.

I know very little about bows-can anybody weigh in on these? Is there something better in that price range?
Posted By: Rockstar.3345

Re: Genesis bows-opinions? looking for inexpensive bow for target shooting - 11/10/12 08:39 PM

They aren't bad bows, but I don't like them. With them maxing out at like 20 pounds a Walmart bow wil shoot that hard. For $20 not $150. Keep looking is what I'll say. I had one of those $20 Walmart bows as a kid, could kill a rabbit with one but I was accurate. Loved that thing.
Posted By: THETEXAN

Re: Genesis bows-opinions? looking for inexpensive bow for target shooting - 11/13/12 04:11 AM

Genesis is a bow anyone can shoot and they are great for what He wants to do.
We have several of them with the correct arrows and anything else You want for it.
Have Him come in and try one out. I work at Cinnamon Creek Archery in Roanoke Tx close to Cabelas. Kevin
Posted By: brazman

Re: Genesis bows-opinions? looking for inexpensive bow for target shooting - 11/13/12 05:53 PM

I would suggest looking for a Martin bow on ebay. I've bought two of them and both were in great used condition, very usable. You could get one a few years old for $150 or less that would last for years. My $.02 ;-)
Posted By: Spondoly

Re: Genesis bows-opinions? looking for inexpensive bow for target shooting - 11/14/12 09:09 PM

I agree with Brazman..... check on Ebay, and Martin makes good bows !!!!!!
Posted By: Txnrog

Re: Genesis bows-opinions? looking for inexpensive bow for target shooting - 11/14/12 09:16 PM

I would look elsewhere than a genesis. You can get much better for not a whole lot more $$. Like others have said, look on ebay or one of the bowhunting forums for a good used bow. Compounds depreciate so quickly it's rediculous. You can get what was the top of the line bow 4-5 years ago from hoyt/matthews/elite/bowtech etc for not much more than you're talking about with the genesis. And I'd be willing to bet he'll be able to shoot them better too.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum