Texas Hunting Forum

whisker Biscuit

Posted By: East Texas Archery & Bait

whisker Biscuit - 07/24/12 03:25 PM

Is there a reason most people in the south shoot with a whisker biscuit vs. other rests? Just an observation from all my customers?

Posted By: MS_DEER_HUNTER

Re: whisker Biscuit - 07/25/12 03:10 AM

WB is the most simple best hunting rest on the market

Posted By: Death_By_Broadhead

Re: whisker Biscuit - 07/25/12 03:30 AM

I like my whisker biscuit. It is simple and not much can go wrong. If I was target shooting I might choose another rest but for hunting I have had no problems.

Make sure you use a slick carbon arrow instead of a rough finished arrow to minimize noise.

Posted By: MBrown

Re: whisker Biscuit - 07/25/12 01:37 PM

Originally Posted By: MS_DEER_HUNTER

They are simple and good for hunting, but definitely not the best option. There are drop away rest like the QAD Ultra rest that still secure the arrow while in the stand or walking and are quieter and fast than the whisker biscuit.

Posted By: NockedUp

Re: whisker Biscuit - 07/25/12 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: MBrown

They are simple and good for hunting, but definitely not the best option. There are drop away rest like the QAD Ultra rest that still secure the arrow while in the stand or walking and are quieter and fast than the whisker biscuit.

Posted By: KillinSwede

Re: whisker Biscuit - 07/25/12 04:38 PM

search youtube for video with Pigman using a whisker biscuit and shooting an awesome group at 100 yards. impressive.

Posted By: Bowtech1233

Re: whisker Biscuit - 07/25/12 05:24 PM

^^^This

Posted By: goosecrazy

Re: whisker Biscuit - 07/25/12 05:32 PM

The biscuit is great until you release your arrow. Shoot your arrow through the biscuit say, 30x and see what your fletching looks like, with that much friction on your fletching, it can be that good. Spend the extra $ and buy something that works all the way through, IMO. Their cheap and very easy to set-up on a bow, that's why they're so popular.

Posted By: bjankowski

Re: whisker Biscuit - 07/25/12 06:41 PM

I sure don't believe that WB out sells other arrow rest in the South ( I hardly ever see them anymore). It also gets a lot more colder up north, ever shoot through whiskers that have ice on them?

Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: whisker Biscuit - 07/25/12 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: NockedUp

X3
Originally Posted By: bjankowski
I sure don't believe that WB out sells other arrow rest in the South ( I hardly ever see them anymore). It also gets a lot more colder up north, ever shoot through whiskers that have ice on them?
X2. My dad had one on his old Browing bow. Then he got a Z7 Extreme with a QAD mount. They haven't been good in out experience

Posted By: passthru

Re: whisker Biscuit - 07/25/12 10:48 PM

Mine never iced up in Missouri. Or here but honestly here is not the colder weather hunts. I have silicon spray for it. It's in a box now though. I shoot QAD Ultras now.

Posted By: bjankowski

Re: whisker Biscuit - 07/26/12 01:40 AM

Originally Posted By: passthru
Mine never iced up in Missouri. Or here but honestly here is not the colder weather hunts. I have silicon spray for it. It's in a box now though. I shoot QAD Ultras now.

There are just so many containment arrow rest on the market today that have a whole lot less contact on the arrow.

Posted By: Koenig

Re: whisker Biscuit - 07/26/12 01:59 AM

Whisker Biscuit is for hunting. The rest are for games.

Posted By: Koenig

Re: whisker Biscuit - 07/26/12 02:02 AM

Whisker Biscuit is for hunting. The rest are for games.

Posted By: passthru

Re: whisker Biscuit - 07/26/12 02:16 PM

The Biscuit filled the need during the years before quality drop away rests. I carry it with me because it is simple, it's already set up for my bow, and in a pinch on a hunting trip I could swap it out and be hunting again in short order should I need to. Other than that, there is no looking back for me.

Posted By: Sheldon

Re: whisker Biscuit - 08/01/12 05:03 AM

I recently put WB on my nephews bow. It really helped his shooting.

Posted By: maximum

Re: whisker Biscuit - 08/05/12 02:39 AM

BEEN USING FLIPPERS FOR A LONG TIME.
GOOD QUIET RELIABLE REST.
'COURSE , IT'S ONLY A 20 SOME-ODD
DOLLAR REST SO I'M SURE NOBODY
ON THIS SITE BESIDES ME WOULD
USE ONE.

Posted By: KC

Re: whisker Biscuit - 08/05/12 03:11 AM

Same reason a lot of guys shoot Savage, they're cheap and they work. They're not the best choice because of the contact issue, but there's nothing to break.

Re: whisker Biscuit - 08/05/12 03:19 AM

ON A WELL TUNED MILD BOW LIKE
I SHOOT , THE MINISCULE CONTACT
IS A NON-ISSUE . WELL....ANYWAY
IT DON'T BOTHER ME , AND I'M
LOOKING FOR FULL FREEZER BAGS
INSTEAD OF SOMETHING TO PUT ON
FACEBOOK OR YOUTUBE

Posted By: KC

Re: whisker Biscuit - 08/05/12 03:26 AM

I think folks get caught up in having the best and most efficient equipment. A WB will fulfill just about any hunting requirement you can think of, but they're not the sexiest rest nor are they the quietest. After shooting traditional off the shelf any form of rest seems like an amazing improvement. Some guys like bow only, some are limited to bow only because of lease rules, etc, and want the absolute best equipment possible. I hunt with a bow because I like the challenge and simplicity, and I'm content with a biscuit.

Re: whisker Biscuit - 08/05/12 03:32 AM

OH I HAVE ONE IN MY BOX. . . .
I BOUGHT ONE I THINK IT
WAS THE2ND YEAR THEY WERE
ON THE MARKET. THEY ARE
VERY QUIET AND RELIABLE
AND GLITCH PROOF. AFTER
A MONTH OF TEARING UP
FLETCHINGS,I TOOK IT OFF
PUT THE FLIP BACK ON AND
THE WB HAS BEEN RESTING
IN THE BOX EVER SINCE.
NEVER KNOW. . .MAY NEED
IT TOMORROW. . .

Re: whisker Biscuit - 08/05/12 03:34 AM

I THINK FOLKS GET CAUGHT UP
WITH GADGET FEVER(ARCHERS AND
SHOOTERS) AND MAINLY K.U.W.T.J.
SYNDROME

Posted By: cmorsch

Re: whisker Biscuit - 08/05/12 11:03 AM

Cause they dont have to worry as much about snow and ice build up in it. Whisker Biskets get really loud when they have snow/ice in them.

Posted By: gsxr600

Re: whisker Biscuit - 08/07/12 01:29 AM

Simple rest for sure

Posted By: lboban

Re: whisker Biscuit - 08/08/12 02:58 AM

I found I had issues in the cold with frost build up with the wb. Also noticed it does a number to your fletchings after awhile.

Posted By: Holland

Re: whisker Biscuit - 08/08/12 04:26 AM

I watched a PSE pro/rep at Cinnamon Creek trying to get peak speed out of a new bow, he pulled the QAD Ultra off and put a wb on and it gained almost 2' per sec

Posted By: txshntr

Re: whisker Biscuit - 08/08/12 04:37 AM

I tried it one year and there was more noise from the arrow being drawn across it than I was willing to deal with.

Posted By: Kenny Powers

Re: whisker Biscuit - 08/16/12 02:12 PM

Whisker Buiscuits suck for anything over 30 yards.Fine for shoet shots.You can not properly tune a bow with one.Arrows dont have a repeatable flight.

Posted By: Bassdeer

Re: whisker Biscuit - 09/02/12 01:08 PM

Never had an arrow fall off a WB, can't say that about others rests I have used.
Posted By: Wildhorse

Re: whisker Biscuit - 09/02/12 01:19 PM

I've used the WB for hunting. Ease of use, silence, and security outweighed any negatives in my use. My hunting shots were mostly up close though. That was my use.
Posted By: txbowhunter75

Re: whisker Biscuit - 09/05/12 03:26 AM

well in my own opinion i wouldnt shoot anything but a drop away but if my only choice was a fixed rest i would shoot the quicktune 360 over a whisker biscuit anyday
Posted By: WhitetailProperties

Re: whisker Biscuit - 09/13/12 01:56 AM

no problems with the whisker biscuit here...been using it for years and always performs great. no fletching damage and always been accurate. good option for sure, but shot some awesome drop aways as well.
Posted By: JThoele

Re: whisker Biscuit - 09/13/12 09:54 AM

For the money a good containment drop away can be had, and whiskers just aren't cheap enough to justify using one in my opinion.
Posted By: 0808

Re: whisker Biscuit - 09/13/12 03:28 PM

whisker biscuit is hard on fletchings.
Posted By: bumper

Re: whisker Biscuit - 09/13/12 05:00 PM

This dude is stuck on caps lock
Posted By: Texas Bowhunter

Re: whisker Biscuit - 09/21/12 08:56 PM

Originally Posted By: JThoele
For the money a good containment drop away can be had, and whiskers just aren't cheap enough to justify using one in my opinion.

I agree 100%
Posted By: KT71

Re: whisker Biscuit - 09/21/12 10:31 PM

I shoot a wb and think its perfect for hunting as stated above, even at 40 yards or more. Which is amazing after watching this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqJgaZxREf0
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum