Texas Hunting Forum

Intro Bow

Posted By: Ambrot

Intro Bow - 06/27/12 08:22 PM

What is a good bow for a newbie? I was thinking about getting into bow hunting and know nothing about it. So what is a good starter bow that will be good for 2 or 3 years that won't break the bank?

Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Intro Bow - 06/27/12 08:33 PM

Look into a Mission.

Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Intro Bow - 06/27/12 08:35 PM

http://missionarchery.com/product/venture/

Posted By: icetrauma

Re: Intro Bow - 06/27/12 08:49 PM

I've been told the one you shoot the best. You will need to go to an Archery Shop and test shoot as many as you can that, are in your budget.

My plan is to shoot as many as possible and narrow it down to 3 or 4. Go back in a week or 2 and reshoot the top picks then, make a choice.

Posted By: Navasot

Re: Intro Bow - 06/27/12 08:50 PM

Dimond Razors Edge

Posted By: BFord

Re: Intro Bow - 06/27/12 09:26 PM

Depends are looking to buy brand new, or buy a used? I went with the used version first to make sure it was somehting that i wanted to get into before i spent a whole bunch of money on a bow, sights, rest, stabilizer, release, case, arrows, broad heads. If you look you can typically find a good used bow with everything on it and ready to go. Or buy a brand new one.

Posted By: cmorsch

Re: Intro Bow - 06/27/12 09:31 PM

Shoot as many as possible and get the one that feels the best to you. What others may like you may hate.

Posted By: Rambow

Re: Intro Bow - 06/27/12 09:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Navasot
Dimond Razors Edge

+1

As long as your draw length is not more than 29"

Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: Intro Bow - 06/27/12 09:42 PM

I would do the Bowtech Assassin before the Diamond Razors Edge.

Posted By: daniel1381

Re: Intro Bow - 06/28/12 01:02 AM

look for a used switchback mathews

Posted By: mktt12

Re: Intro Bow - 06/28/12 03:57 AM

I am brand new to bow hunting as well and last week I bought a diamond razors edge and wow I love shooting now. Still learning but after 3 days set it to 60 pound draw at 26 draw length. Been practicing at 20 yards and now have a great group went to 30 today and great groups as well. Surprising this bow is very nice for the price and really zips the arrow. Lovin it so far

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum