Texas Hunting Forum

grouping problem

Posted By: yourinsuranceguy

grouping problem - 09/24/11 11:04 PM

I shot today and I am shooting very inconsitent groups (pie plate size) I was sure it was me and not the equipment. I am shooting a Bear Instinct 29" draw at 64lbs. Arrows are 5570 carbon hunters from Cabelas. I then shot my dads arrows which are 5575 Gold tip Expidition and they are 1/2 inch shorter than mine. My groups went from pie plate size to 2 to 3 inches immediately. What is the difference in these two arrows and could the shorter arrow make that big a difference? Any suggestions are great.

Posted By: 1FowlHntR

Re: grouping problem - 09/25/11 12:46 AM

Probably the difference in tolerances in the arrows themselves. Gold tip's specs are better.

Posted By: BowSlayer

Re: grouping problem - 09/25/11 12:47 AM

Originally Posted By: 1FowlHntR
Probably the difference in tolerances in the arrows themselves. Gold tip's specs are better.

That's the only thing I could think of too

Posted By: helomech

Re: grouping problem - 09/25/11 12:55 AM

Mine where all over the place also. Changed the fletching out with the shrink on type, and changed my broad heads over to the rage. Groups are almost all touching now.

Posted By: yourinsuranceguy

Re: grouping problem - 09/25/11 01:48 AM

I just checked out gold tips website and the specs are better. I'm going to try to go get a half dozen tomorrow and see if I can get these groups rights. Only have a week to go. Thank you for the responses.

Posted By: hunt4food

Re: grouping problem - 09/25/11 11:19 PM

Go Buy Carbon Express at Acadmy they will cut & your Arrows for you...

Posted By: passthru

Re: grouping problem - 09/25/11 11:25 PM

I had the same experience, although not that extreme, with the Cabelas and Bass Pro brand arrows. They give you the BS story how they are the same as the so called name brand that "makes them for us" but they are the seconds, or thirds, of the production. Never again.

Posted By: 1FowlHntR

Re: grouping problem - 09/26/11 01:19 AM

Originally Posted By: yourinsuranceguy
I just checked out gold tips website and the specs are better. I'm going to try to go get a half dozen tomorrow and see if I can get these groups rights. Only have a week to go. Thank you for the responses.
GOOD LUCK and SHOOT STRAIGHT!!

Posted By: jim1961

Re: grouping problem - 09/26/11 02:24 AM

I had the same problem with Bass Pro arrows

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum