Texas Hunting Forum

Ground Blinds

Posted By: dfk

Ground Blinds - 08/20/11 07:13 PM

Going to get one for my son. We are hunting Hagerman in December. Does anyone have opinions? Would like it to be big enough for 2.

Posted By: bumper

Re: Ground Blinds - 08/20/11 07:15 PM

theres one on sale at bass pro. Idk about shooting through mesh though. i thinks its 80 dollars or something pretty big can fit 2

Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Ground Blinds - 08/20/11 07:22 PM

Best thing for yall to do is go to Cabela's where they are all set up and see which one yall like after actually sitting in them.

Posted By: Hard Knocks

Re: Ground Blinds - 08/21/11 01:32 AM

Originally Posted By: dgilbert
Best thing for yall to do is go to Cabela's where they are all set up and see which one yall like after actually sitting in them.
x2

Posted By: swamp donkey

Re: Ground Blinds - 08/21/11 03:05 AM

Don't buy one at academy, they suck

Posted By: Thorshammer

Re: Ground Blinds - 08/21/11 03:38 PM

primos groun max, plenty big enough for 2 people.

Posted By: sqiggy

Re: Ground Blinds - 08/22/11 12:02 AM

This, then buy the Primos Vision blind in Predator camo. This is what me and my son hunted out of last year. He shot a big doe out about 60 yds. We had to wait at least 30 min before she offered him a shot. During the whole time, she never even noticed the blind. I didn't have any of it brushed in. Just backed it up to some yaupon brush and it blended in real good. And my boy is a pretty good size kid for his age. Also, Cabela's has it on sale!!

Posted By: 1FowlHntR

Re: Ground Blinds - 08/22/11 02:24 AM

Originally Posted By: sqiggy
This, then buy the Primos Vision blind in Predator camo. This is what me and my son hunted out of last year. He shot a big doe out about 60 yds. We had to wait at least 30 min before she offered him a shot. During the whole time, she never even noticed the blind. I didn't have any of it brushed in. Just backed it up to some yaupon brush and it blended in real good. And my boy is a pretty good size kid for his age. Also, Cabela's has it on sale!!
They have it $10.00 cheaper at Roger's Sporting goods...
PRIMOS BLIND AT ROGERS SPORTING GOODS

Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Ground Blinds - 08/22/11 02:49 AM

I've always been a fan of Double Bull blinds.

Posted By: HunterCW

Re: Ground Blinds - 08/22/11 02:58 AM

Cabelas in Buda has a baskes with about 6 or so ground blinds for cheap including a $450 double bull for $220.

Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Ground Blinds - 08/22/11 03:34 AM

Originally Posted By: HunterCW
Cabelas in Buda has a baskes with about 6 or so ground blinds for cheap including a $450 double bull for $220.

That's a heck of a deal hard to beat, I've never seen one that cheap.

Posted By: passthru

Re: Ground Blinds - 08/22/11 07:37 PM

That whole "doe at 60 yards" all fine and good. But on Hagerman it's archery only and you better brush it in good if you want a deer "arrow close". Predator Camo or not.

Posted By: REDGUN

Re: Ground Blinds - 08/22/11 11:18 PM

Originally Posted By: bjankowski
Originally Posted By: HunterCW

That's a heck of a deal hard to beat, I've never seen one that cheap.

Since Primos has taken over Double Bull, they have come down in price quite a bit. I bought 3, brand new in the box, off of Ebay for $134.00 each, shipping included. up

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum