Texas Hunting Forum

Ladder Stand

Posted By: Bear Charge

Ladder Stand - 08/08/11 03:12 AM

What is your minimum height for hanging a ladder stand?

Posted By: HuntingAddict1998

Re: Ladder Stand - 08/08/11 03:48 AM

There is no minimum really

Posted By: scot

Re: Ladder Stand - 08/08/11 04:17 AM

The length of the ladder?

Posted By: BearkatHunter2011

Re: Ladder Stand - 08/08/11 04:24 AM

Depends on if your scared of heights. I would say 10 foot is a minimum.

Posted By: FoxTrot

Re: Ladder Stand - 08/08/11 01:49 PM

I like to get as high as I can. I prefer 25'-35'. it is harder in Texas to get that high, at least where I hunt it is.

Posted By: PrimitiveHunter

Re: Ladder Stand - 08/08/11 01:54 PM

When I hunted around Fairfield, I had a stand that was 4' high. It was just high enough to see over a hump in the woods. No minimum height in my opinion. Just set it so you can see over some things and under the rest of them.

Posted By: HuntingAddict1998

Re: Ladder Stand - 08/09/11 02:57 AM

25 to 35 feet? I would have soiled my self!

Posted By: Hopedale

Re: Ladder Stand - 08/09/11 03:49 AM

I have a hang on stand that I'll put up as high as 20 or 25 foot.

I forgot to tell a friend of mine to not worry when hunting out of it and the wind blows. Perfectly fine with the tree swaying back and forth. rofl Needless to say, Mr. Bill climbed down and hunted on the ground. Being that high and the tree swaying wasn't his cup of tea.

I never measured, but the trunk of the tree was as big as a electric pole. I've never worried about it.

Posted By: LM1

Re: Ladder Stand - 08/19/11 10:24 PM

Originally Posted By: PrimitiveHunter
When I hunted around Fairfield, I had a stand that was 4' high. It was just high enough to see over a hump in the woods. No minimum height in my opinion. Just set it so you can see over some things and under the rest of them.

Now That's Primative! wink

Posted By: Bonner

Re: Ladder Stand - 08/20/11 01:41 AM

Originally Posted By: asartor
What is your minimum height for hanging a ladder stand?

Check out my post in the blinds and feeder forum titled "tweaked ladder stand" - the sky and your judgement (or the lack thereof) are the only limitations smile

Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Ladder Stand - 08/20/11 03:43 PM

The determining factor and most important is to take in consideration is the topographical surrounds. You really want to be high enough to be where the limbs start on trees, and bear in mind that after a tree has lost all the leaves in winter you would like something behind you to help you blend in.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum