Texas Hunting Forum

ripcord code red rest

Posted By: bbqfan5909

ripcord code red rest - 08/03/11 01:01 PM

Heard good things and quieter than the QAD?

Any reviews from people that actually hunt with them?

Thanks

Posted By: Counselor

Re: ripcord code red rest - 08/03/11 02:08 PM

I have one and I absolutely love it. It is extremely quiet and I have no complaints. Well worth the money IMO.

Posted By: scot

Re: ripcord code red rest - 08/03/11 02:21 PM

Its a bit cheaper supposed to drop a hair quicker. The deciding factor for some people is while it locks up if you let down the rest will let down and if you are shooting short arrows it can cause issues with broadheads.

Re: ripcord code red rest - 08/03/11 02:53 PM

From what I have heard, the Ripcord is made of aluminum while the QAD is mostly plastic.

Posted By: BarneyWho

Re: ripcord code red rest - 08/03/11 03:01 PM

I've never shot the QAD and have yet to hunt with the Ripcord. However, I've been shooting the Ripcord since the first of March weekly to almost daily now. I've had zero problems with it. I was told due to the speed of my bow to stay away from the QAD was the reason I went with the Ripcord. On let down I've noticed if you control it at a slow speed rather than letting your bow jerk the arrow forward the arrow will rest in the valley of the rest if you let it down slow enough. Just my observations. I'd buy another. up

Posted By: KorbinsStrings

Re: ripcord code red rest - 08/03/11 04:02 PM

We install both quite often. If you purchase the better QAD you will have faster drop times than the Rip-Cord. Both the rip-cord and the QAD have been performing great on all of our speed bows.
IMO.... I would buy the Rip-Cord, as the price is $30-40 less for just as high quality.

Posted By: scot

Re: ripcord code red rest - 08/03/11 04:14 PM

Originally Posted By: KorbinsStrings
We install both quite often. If you purchase the better QAD you will have faster drop times than the Rip-Cord. Both the rip-cord and the QAD have been performing great on all of our speed bows.
IMO.... I would buy the Rip-Cord, as the price is $30-40 less for just as high quality.

I've read/heard the exact opposite. Some of the original rip cords had issues bouncing back up creating tuning issues but I was under the impression the code red was actually faster.

Re: ripcord code red rest - 08/03/11 04:28 PM

I have found the code red ripcords for 72 bucks shipped.

Posted By: sportsman

Re: ripcord code red rest - 08/03/11 11:29 PM

I just got one installed on my bow a few months ago, and so far I like it. My only complaint is that it doesnt stay in the upward position on let down.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum