Texas Hunting Forum

Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action...

Posted By: Blood Trail

Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/03/11 12:01 AM

Another reason why I dont shoot them. Hi Darrell! laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kfyP2joC3o&feature=youtu.be

Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/03/11 12:09 AM

I have got to go get me some more of them rage's! roflHi Leon.

Posted By: RLoving1

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/03/11 12:33 AM

Seen one go complete pass through on sheep at 30 yards and also seen one on w/t buck at 15 yards punch in and fall out right behind shoulder on both!I like my fixed blades.Muzzy has never let me down.

Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/03/11 12:38 AM

First off, I hope this is not your video because the guy in the video has no business even trying to bow hunt, he has no patience to wait for a decent shot, 3 piss poor shot's and he want's to blame the broadhead???? it does'nt matter what broad head he was shooting he would have been a loser, those shot's were a very very poor decision on his part

Posted By: aussie1

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/03/11 01:21 AM

This guy would've been better off throwing rocks. I don't shoot rage broadheads but in NOWAY should that video reflect badly on them. 1st shot looked like it hit him in the knee. Pathetic.

Posted By: HunterTed

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/03/11 03:50 AM

That was a joke. No patience and awful shots. I seriously hope no one takes that video seriously.

Posted By: AdgerC15

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/03/11 11:18 AM

dont judge my videos....JK

Rage haters come in every shape and size. I dont like the personally because of the $$$$$$$$$$$

ac

Posted By: AdgerC15

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/03/11 11:24 AM

Both those guys are dildos...did you listen to the audio?

Sheep have thick touch hair, easily slows down a projectile also tough skin and heavy muscle tissue in the front shoulder and neck. These are tough animals, I have shot a ton of mouflan with a rifle and they are solid animals.

ac

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/03/11 12:00 PM

HAHA! I could care either less. I've seen what Rage can do. I've seen the huge holes, but I've also seen and heard the horror stories. Regardless of the shot angle, no broadhead should of bounced off an animal. And the second shot only got a couple of inches of penetration. Makes you wonder.

Posted By: traviselmore

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/03/11 01:23 PM

I have shot rages for the last few years with zero complaints. I have shot other broadheads and found the majority to work very well. I shoot rage because they are the most profiecent killers I have used.

When you look at the video above there is several things that should be noted.
1.They never show the arrow with the Rage on it with the animal.
2.We have no proof of what poundage they are shooting.
3.The distance looks close than 42 yards to me. I would say more like 20-25, and at that distance the arrow on the first shot has a lot of arch downward. Probably very low poundage.

Here is a video of what I know rages do. This is a doe I shot last year.

I also think that promoting a video like this is very distastful, I believe we should show the ethical hunting lifestyle not the small minority who are unethical at best. Let's not give any fuel to an anti.

Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/03/11 02:12 PM

I can't wait till all you kool aid drinkers have a failure and come to realization. They are very weak and have the probability of a malfunction. Get a some good slick tricks or a G5's. Muzzy's mostly suck to

Posted By: Topher5999

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/03/11 05:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Brother in-law
I can't wait till all you kool aid drinkers have a failure and come to realization. They are very weak and have the probability of a malfunction. Get a some good slick tricks or a G5's. Muzzy's mostly suck to

+1

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/03/11 05:28 PM

I love it when people make poor shots or dont take care of/ or inspect their equipment and blame the broadhead. Its like driving down the road and hitting a sharp object lying in the road and blaming the car when they get a flat tire

Posted By: THawk_4

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/03/11 05:40 PM

I used Rage broadheads when i first started hunting, and killed my first deer ever with a bow. Now i use slicktricks, i use my Rage that i have left over for pigs.

(I know they are expensive, but i prefer slicks for deer, and i only have a few rage left.)

I see no problem with Rage. I will be honest, a malfunction does scare me. That's why i use the slicks for deer.

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/03/11 06:59 PM

More Rage broadheads in action.......

ENTRY hole on a 170 lb boar hog @ about 27 yards. Unfortunately dont know what the broadhead looked like afterwards since I got a complete pass thru and never found the arrow. Hog ran in about a 60 yard circle and fell over dead. Still having trouble believing the broadheads fail like people say they do. At 40.00 for three of them I dont think the company would be in business very long if they didnt work. Maybe people need to realize the blue colored one is a practice point!!!

Posted By: DoubleTrouble

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/03/11 07:13 PM

Everyone has their opinions.......I would not try to convince anyone to use anything. However, here is a 170 1/8" deer that needed no blood trailing due to a rage. I know what I like to use!!!

Posted By: fishycatfish

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/03/11 09:27 PM

I use the 3 blade rage and love them. I shot a old black hawian ram in the shoulder and buried down to the fletchings.Also killed plenty of deer with them. Most of the time when I hear people bash them I ask if it was a 2 or 3 blade and it always seems to be the 2 blade. Also my girlfriend killed her first two deer this year with a bow, 1 mature buck and a doe. Busted two ribs on the way in and one on the opposite side, deer was dead in about 60 yards. Next was the doe and was a complete pass through in the crease of the shoulder, deer was dead in about 20 yards. All with 50lb bow @27 inches and 315gr arrow.

Posted By: fishycatfish

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/03/11 09:27 PM

Dang, that was my first post? looks like I do more readin then posting.

Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/04/11 01:16 AM

welcome

Posted By: ZenArchery

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/04/11 04:05 AM

i usually say "its the indian not his equipment." on this i will blame first the indian then his equipment.

Posted By: Allaround

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/04/11 12:13 PM

There you go stirring the pot again Leon. Lol

Posted By: millerliteliker

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/04/11 01:04 PM

I use Rage's for very long shots on rabbits. I will tell you what they are heck on rabbits.

For whitetail and hogs I use G5 Montecs, although I do have one Muzzy in my quiver just because I like to let one of those fly every so often.

Posted By: Kyle Horn

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/04/11 01:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Brother in-law

X2

Posted By: dallytime

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/04/11 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By: ZenArchery
i usually say "its the indian not his equipment." on this i will blame first the indian then his equipment.

My dad always said " Its the Indian not the arrow"
either way, good saying.

Posted By: ETXbuckman

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/04/11 03:23 PM

Originally Posted By: traviselmore
I have shot rages for the last few years with zero complaints. I have shot other broadheads and found the majority to work very well. I shoot rage because they are the most profiecent killers I have used.

When you look at the video above there is several things that should be noted.
1.They never show the arrow with the Rage on it with the animal.
2.We have no proof of what poundage they are shooting.
3.The distance looks close than 42 yards to me. I would say more like 20-25, and at that distance the arrow on the first shot has a lot of arch downward. Probably very low poundage.

Here is a video of what I know rages do. This is a doe I shot last year.

I also think that promoting a video like this is very distastful, I believe we should show the ethical hunting lifestyle not the small minority who are unethical at best. Let's not give any fuel to an anti.

I like your muzzleloader hunt video! Whack 'n stack those slickheads!

Posted By: KorbinsStrings

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/04/11 07:17 PM

Light bow, light arrow, tons of wind, bad angles.

Kind of a sad/funny video.

http://www.korbinsarchery.com/

Posted By: 1FowlHntR

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/04/11 10:31 PM

Originally Posted By: KorbinsStrings
Light bow, light arrow, tons of wind, bad angles.
Kind of a sad/funny video.
http://www.korbinsarchery.com/
More SAD than funny unfortunately!!

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/05/11 02:30 AM

Thanks for the comment. I Try to film all of my hunts. I have a ton of hunts I am going to upload soon. Most of the deer hunts are from NC so the bucks are not huge but some good hunts to watch.

Posted By: Big Hat Outfitters

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/05/11 01:23 PM

eek2 always amazed what people will film and then post.

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/05/11 06:47 PM

Thanks for the comment. I Try to film all of my hunts. I have a ton of hunts I am going to upload soon. Most of the deer hunts are from NC so the bucks are not huge but some good hunts to watch.

Nice to see another Carolina boy on here! I'm from Hickory.

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/05/11 07:05 PM

Small world. I'm from vale in Lincoln county.

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/06/11 01:59 AM

what high school? I went to Foard. Class of 96.

Posted By: HuntingAddict1998

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/06/11 02:29 AM

Wow that guys a pathetic shot.

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/06/11 02:41 AM

West Lincoln. I'm leaving hickory right now. Going by foard in minute. I graduated in 2004

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/06/11 04:41 PM

West Lincoln. I'm leaving hickory right now. Going by foard in minute. I graduated in 2004

I remember that walk-out yall had over yall's rebel mascot! lol

Posted By: wellingtontx

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/08/11 04:50 AM

Poor shooter

Posted By: karl

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/08/11 09:50 AM

frown

Posted By: karl

Re: Here's your 'Rage' broadhead in action... - 08/08/11 02:47 PM

great shoot

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum