Texas Hunting Forum

fletching removal/application

Posted By: Billy Goat

fletching removal/application - 08/18/07 04:54 PM

Guys,

I am switching to 2" Blazers to use with my Whisker Biscuit. As I'm removing the old fletchings, how diligent do I need to be in getting off all the old stuff? I used my pocketknife to cut off the old fletchings, and scrape off the traces, but some still remains. I'm using an Arizona EZ fletch to put the new ones on.

shane

Posted By: PrimitiveHunter

Re: fletching removal/application - 08/18/07 09:05 PM

Personally, I get EVERYTHING off and wipe it down with rubbing alcohol.

Posted By: psycho0819

Re: fletching removal/application - 08/19/07 01:52 PM

Same here. I use some 200 grit sand paper to remove those final traces of glue. I like them clean, clean ,clean. Wipe down with alcohol afterward too.

Jay

Posted By: passthru

Re: fletching removal/application - 08/19/07 03:37 PM

You should use acetone to remove the old glue. Not nail polish remover, acetone. You can buy it at Walmart in the automotive section where the car body repair stuff is like bondo. Any auto parts store should have it too. They will sell it buy the quart or pint and it is around $10 but it will give you better adheasion for your new fletchings. Good luck.

Posted By: aghntr10

Re: fletching removal/application - 08/21/07 12:48 AM

I use a straight edge razor to remove as much as possible, then rubbing alcohol. I also use the arizona e-z fletch, and it works great, just make sure you clean good after each use and get rid of the excess glue.

Posted By: TXBowhunter1

Re: fletching removal/application - 08/21/07 02:00 AM

i use a knife and get most of it off. then use sand paper to get the rest. JMO but i tried the arizona ez fletch. i would sell it and get a Bitzenburger Dial-O-Fletch. they are only a little more, unless you get a good deal on ebay. they work way better. there are a bunch on ebay right now. just search Bitzenburger.

Posted By: passthru

Re: fletching removal/application - 08/21/07 02:05 AM

Blitzenburger is the way to go.

Re: fletching removal/application - 08/21/07 11:50 PM

Quote:

Blitzenburger is the way to go.

you bring up another question. why is bitzenburger misspelled bLitzenburger (with an L) so often? if you google bLitzenburger you get alot of hits.

Posted By: black dallas

Re: fletching removal/application - 08/22/07 06:05 PM

why is it that i cant stop staring at that pic at the bottom of your posts

Re: fletching removal/application - 08/22/07 08:26 PM

theres something about a girl in a bikini top shooting a bow....

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum