Texas Hunting Forum

Arrow Rest

Posted By: redmist220

Arrow Rest - 02/11/11 09:27 PM

What is everbody using nowadays ? Thinking about getting a Bowtech Assassin and i hate the Hostage rest that it comes with . Anyone use the QAD Ultra Rest Pro series ? and how dod you like it if so ?

Posted By: scot

Re: Arrow Rest - 02/11/11 09:39 PM

QAD are nice but the Nap Apache is a great cheaper alternative that has run perfectly for me an drops fast enough for my omen. Full containment but it is a little bulkier than the qad,

Posted By: passthru

Re: Arrow Rest - 02/11/11 11:57 PM

Still shooting a biscuit. Might try something different when this one stops working.

Posted By: Wayne Meuir

Re: Arrow Rest - 02/12/11 12:42 AM

I am using a Rip Cord Red. Very similar to the QAD. Since I first tried this fall away rest, I would never use anything else. It makes tuning the bow so much simplier becasue there is no contact issues you have to deal with.

Wayne

Posted By: SSJR

Re: Arrow Rest - 02/12/11 12:43 AM

I just bought a QAD pro to go on my New Breed Cyborg. I like the fact you can let down without the rest dropping on you. Give me a couple of days and I will tell you how I like it..

Posted By: Bowtech82

Re: Arrow Rest - 02/12/11 06:12 AM

Rip Cord and QAD are the way to go

Posted By: ChickenWilly

Re: Arrow Rest - 02/12/11 07:44 AM

I have a rip cord code red on my Eliminator 2 and I cant say anything bad about it. It has worked flawlessly for me so far and doesnt bounce back up after it drops

Posted By: CenterShot

Re: Arrow Rest - 02/12/11 11:40 AM

There are several quality F/C fall away rest on the market.
QAD
RipCord
NAP Apachie
Trophy Taker Extreme

My 2 best selling F/C rest are the Qad Pro LD and the Apachie.

Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: Arrow Rest - 02/12/11 04:45 PM

I changed to my first drop away last month, a QAD. I am in love with it.

Posted By: swamp donkey

Re: Arrow Rest - 02/13/11 02:41 PM

Still shooting with the NAP 360 Quick Tune. Thinking about changing over to the Apache soon.

Posted By: cainoutdoors

Re: Arrow Rest - 02/14/11 01:04 AM

I have tried the rip cord and qad and my favorite out of all the ones i have tried is the limp driver. I switched to that after my QAD didnt drop one day while shooting. Something inside broke but they did replaces it no questions asked.

Posted By: Sprman

Re: Arrow Rest - 02/14/11 01:11 AM

I have a QAD and love it.

Posted By: Hopedale

Re: Arrow Rest - 02/14/11 03:39 AM

Well, I just went with a wisker biscuit and like it.

Posted By: OUTDOORSMAN81

Re: Arrow Rest - 02/14/11 05:25 AM

QAD ULTRA PRO LD is the best way to go.

Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Arrow Rest - 02/14/11 01:15 PM

Originally Posted By: scot
QAD are nice but the Nap Apache is a great cheaper alternative that has run perfectly for me an drops fast enough for my omen. Full containment but it is a little bulkier than the qad,

I guess that Apache you got from me is still working for you.

Posted By: mark mcalister

Re: Arrow Rest - 02/14/11 05:53 PM

whisker biscut, your arrow will not fall off the rest, I have had to many clients get nervous at the last moment or when it is cold and loose the arrow off the rest. The whisker biscut keeps it simple and ready to shoot. I highly reccomend it.

Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: Arrow Rest - 02/14/11 09:17 PM

My QAD drop away won't fall off the rest.

Posted By: scot

Re: Arrow Rest - 02/14/11 09:34 PM

Originally Posted By: bjankowski

Yes sir, Ole omen is still slinging them.

Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Arrow Rest - 02/15/11 02:40 AM

Originally Posted By: bjankowski

Yes sir, Ole omen is still slinging them.

Good to hear from you Scott, I've been so busy and traveling a lot so I've been out of pocket. I'm hoping to get ready for 3D this year, how did you do with your deer hunting this year? I did okay, three bucks and two doe. I'd like to hunt a few pigs before it gets too hot.

Posted By: Maxed-out

Re: Arrow Rest - 02/15/11 03:05 AM

For a speed bow, the ripcord code red is great because it has a break built into it and you dont run the risk of it "bouncing" when it lays down and making contact with the fletchings. It is also a very fast rest, very fast. i love it.

Posted By: KorbinsStrings

Re: Arrow Rest - 02/16/11 01:57 AM

For a hunting bow the QAD, Rip Cord, APACHE, WB, and others are great. The Limb Driver is a great rest for any bow if you don't do a lot of spot and stalk or similar (no containment)

Posted By: bu2herndog

Re: Arrow Rest - 02/16/11 01:49 PM

I use a QAD on my monster XLR8 and it works very well.

Posted By: MR5Hunter

Re: Arrow Rest - 02/16/11 09:32 PM

use a trophy ridge dropezone and love it, very accurate

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum