Texas Hunting Forum

Quartering Towards Shots

Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Quartering Towards Shots - 09/26/10 03:04 PM

Over the past 5 months I have been practicing everyday almost. Out to 30 yards I feel extremely comfortable. I have been practicing sitting, standing, up on a ladder, blah blah blah. On quartering shots, I shoot very well quartering away but quartering towards me I always shoot low and way back. I am having trouble trying to pick a placement for my pin to make good shots when my target is angled towards me. Any suggestions.

Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: Quartering Towards Shots - 09/26/10 03:52 PM

You dowload this shot simulator, there is a quartering to shot on there, you can practice on that then go out in the yard and put what you learned to use on your target, check it out,it's pretty cool

http://www.bowarmory.com/bowhunting-shot-simulator.html

Posted By: wst

Re: Quartering Towards Shots - 09/26/10 04:09 PM

I personally wait for a broadside or quartering away shot. If you have to take that quartering to shot, aim just left of the point of the shoulder. JMO

Posted By: battery 1

Re: Quartering Towards Shots - 09/26/10 06:45 PM

i have lost one buck and one doe taking those shots and will never do it again. too risky for the animal.

Posted By: AdgerC15

Re: Quartering Towards Shots - 09/26/10 07:16 PM

The Most Interesting Man on Quartering Away Shots: "No."

Stay thirsty my friends!

ac

Posted By: rifleman

Re: Quartering Towards Shots - 09/26/10 07:25 PM

you would aim where you would want the arrow to exit on a quartering away shot. Try to miss any serious bone and get a pass through. I wouldn't try it unless they were close.

Posted By: BowSlayer

Re: Quartering Towards Shots - 09/26/10 08:09 PM

I would not do a quartering to shot. The quartering away shot is my favorite though. Just aim for the opposite shoulder and let her fly!

Posted By: bowhunterTX

Re: Quartering Towards Shots - 09/27/10 12:19 PM

That is one of the worst shots a bowhunter could take, no matter how much you have been practicing. I wait for boradside or quartering away.

Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: Quartering Towards Shots - 09/27/10 01:53 PM

I will stop Practicing that shot then. Thanks to all for educating me on this, I was really getting frustrated trying to pull it off in a spot I felt comfortable. Will limit any shots to boradside or quartering away.

Posted By: LFD2037

Re: Quartering Towards Shots - 09/27/10 04:17 PM

Originally Posted By: AdgerC15
The Most Interesting Man on Quartering Away Shots: "No."

Stay thirsty my friends!

ac

LMAO!

Posted By: Alec Castonguay

Re: Quartering Towards Shots - 09/29/10 12:29 AM

quartering toward......only with a gun

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum