Texas Hunting Forum

Pop up blind chairs

Posted By: Brother in-law

Pop up blind chairs - 09/21/10 11:26 PM

Wasnt there a post on this somewheres? I need a new one

Posted By: rtp

Re: Pop up blind chairs - 09/22/10 01:24 AM

Seems to be a recurring post every few months. I use a chair that they sell at Gander Mtn that is for use in a john boat. It has a 4 legged swivel pedestal with a fold down cushioned hard plastic seat mounted on it. It is great but the downside is it costs about $80-90. I got mine for $40 because it was mismarked otherwise I would have to of passed on it.

Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Pop up blind chairs - 09/22/10 01:32 AM

What does it look like? Does anyone have a pic of it? The older I get the more I like to invest in comfort. laugh

Re: Pop up blind chairs - 09/22/10 02:24 AM

Here is a link for the pedestal

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/pr...mp;merchID=4005

Here is a link for the seat

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/pr...mp;merchID=4006

I have had mine for two years and it looks and works like the day I bought it. And Im not exactly easy on my hunting stuff. I like having a back on the chair and I like the fact that it is padded.

Posted By: LFD2037

Re: Pop up blind chairs - 09/22/10 02:24 AM

Gametaker or Primos Magnum.

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Pop up blind chairs - 09/22/10 02:45 AM

BIL ---spend the money and get the big double bull one.. You will thank me later. I went through three of the cheap bass pro ones.. Bought the big doublebull one and been loving it ever since.. Plus your like 12 ft tall so you will really thank me that your knees wont be in your face.

Re: Pop up blind chairs - 09/22/10 03:08 AM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
BIL ---spend the money and get the big double bull one.. You will thank me later. I went through three of the cheap bass pro ones.. Bought the big doublebull one and been loving it ever since.. Plus your like 12 ft tall so you will really thank me that your knees wont be in your face.

That's the Primos Magnum. I got one. it's pretty good. Get it off ebay for about $35 TYD.

Posted By: Kyle Horn

Re: Pop up blind chairs - 09/22/10 07:49 PM

you can't turn in that style seat thought. someone needs to make a good swivel on good bearings. maybe aluminum or something. i need to be able to turn and move without that seat making noise.

Re: Pop up blind chairs - 09/22/10 07:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Kyle Horn
you can't turn in that style seat thought. someone needs to make a good swivel on good bearings. maybe aluminum or something. i need to be able to turn and move without that seat making noise.

You can twist your butt somewhat but not alot. There is a seat out there your looking for. I can't remember the name but it's about $200.

Re: Pop up blind chairs - 09/22/10 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Kyle Horn

That's why I bought the set up I mentioned above. The swivel on that base is very strong and quiet. It is perfect.

Posted By: 12thman

Re: Pop up blind chairs - 09/22/10 08:42 PM

Academy sells the spider swivel chairs with the seat and base together for about $50. I did not see them for several years and then this year they had them again so I grabbed two immediately. They are the perfect height, alot of other are too low, very comfortable, lightweight, and quiet.

Re: Pop up blind chairs - 09/23/10 03:14 AM

I had the perfect seat , but now its to high for my new pop up windows. Im not spending 200 on a bow seat for sure.

Posted By: Curtis

Re: Pop up blind chairs - 09/23/10 01:42 PM

I finally broke down and had a friend of mine make me a sturdy metal frame one with angle iron and a swivel bucket seat. Yeah...its not light, but I can carry it for a short distance from the ATV to where my blind is for the initial set up and once I'm there I'm good. All the folding chairs and such, each one broke eventually and I got tired of spending the money.

Doesn't Woodsey(sp?) make a swivel blind chair? I think I remember seeing one he had set up at the TTHA show in his booth. I know I saw somw people that bought some and were carrying them around. They looked good and light weight.

Posted By: BowSlayer

Re: Pop up blind chairs - 09/23/10 03:53 PM

The Huntmore blind stool is probably the expensive one you are talking about. Ridiculously expensive but looks comfortable.

Posted By: scot

Re: Pop up blind chairs - 09/23/10 04:15 PM

I am doing the TBH boat seat on a 5 gallon bucket. Very portable, very comfortable and only $30. It swivels, has a high back and if its not stable enough you can fill it with concrete.

Posted By: Wes70

Re: Pop up blind chairs - 09/23/10 04:30 PM

I made my own. Then you can make it as tall or short as needed. Also as comfortable as you want.

Posted By: kuntry_kid

Re: Pop up blind chairs - 09/25/10 06:29 AM

I used the spider swivel chair last year. It was very quiet and comfortable.

Re: Pop up blind chairs - 09/27/10 04:06 PM

Originally Posted By: kuntry_kid
I used the spider swivel chair last year. It was very quiet and comfortable.

What is this?

Posted By: mikeee

Re: Pop up blind chairs - 09/28/10 10:04 PM

The spider is a chair they sell at Academy. It is a folding boat seat on a light wieght frame. I'm gonna try it Saturday.

Re: Pop up blind chairs - 09/28/10 11:14 PM

Originally Posted By: mikeee
The spider is a chair they sell at Academy. It is a folding boat seat on a light wieght frame. I'm gonna try it Saturday.

$?

Re: Pop up blind chairs - 09/29/10 12:38 AM

About 40 or 50

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum