Texas Hunting Forum

Bow hunters lease ONLY!!!

Posted By: estex

Bow hunters lease ONLY!!! - 08/02/10 02:28 AM

Are there any in the East Texas area...Or Texas

Posted By: rifleman

Re: Bow hunters lease ONLY!!! - 08/02/10 02:29 AM

yes...cpl in SA County and some around Jasper.

Re: Bow hunters lease ONLY!!! - 08/02/10 02:34 AM

Is that San augaustine..Do you know if there are any openings?

Re: Bow hunters lease ONLY!!! - 08/02/10 02:41 AM

yes it is.. and its a smaller tract just the right size for one person and close to Bannister WMA

http://crownpinetimber.com/texas/texas1.asp?dsp=NLW

Re: Bow hunters lease ONLY!!! - 08/02/10 02:56 AM

also check out
http://www.redrivertimberhuntclubs.com/availleases.php?c=63

Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Bow hunters lease ONLY!!! - 08/02/10 02:25 PM

Mine is in South Texas, and we are bow only.

Posted By: Russ79

Re: Bow hunters lease ONLY!!! - 08/02/10 02:46 PM

You can go to the crown pine timber link above and go to the screen that shows counties with tracts available to lease. There is a drop down box that says "standard lease"- click on the down arrow and you can choose "bowhunting only" if you want to lease a tract yourself or choose "leases needing members" and check out current leases in a county you are interested and contact them to see about bowhunting.

Re: Bow hunters lease ONLY!!! - 08/03/10 03:30 AM

seems that both links are down...???

Thanks

Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Bow hunters lease ONLY!!! - 08/03/10 03:35 AM

rifleman,
Do you have any ideas what these timber leases generally go for on average beyond the opening bid offers.

Posted By: amledyard

Re: Bow hunters lease ONLY!!! - 08/03/10 01:19 PM

On my family's Persimmon Springs Ranch ( 1100 acres) it's bow only. THis ranch in Archer County borders another ranch we own that is 12,500 acres. We offer rifle hunts on it, but on the PSR it is BOW ONLY. Whitetail Bow Hunts are $250 per day and NO TROPHY FEES. Excellent hog hunting right now, hunts go for $200. If interested on more details, call Aaron at 940-224-1938.

Posted By: Russ79

Re: Bow hunters lease ONLY!!! - 08/03/10 01:22 PM

I think all of the Campbell Group (Crown Pine Timber) leases are starting at $7.00/acre. Three years ago I bid $7 when opening bid was $6, but I bid that high because the tract I wanted was less than a mile from my house and I figured $7 would get it easily. I don't think you would have to bid much over that, especially if it is a small tract. I don't think anybody is going to bid $8-$9/acre for east Texas when you can probably find a hill country lease for not much over that and see more deer.

Re: Bow hunters lease ONLY!!! - 08/03/10 01:36 PM

Russ is right, you usually bid low...when it comes time for bidding to be over and a week or so passes and one is still up, you can call, give them the tract ID # and shoot them a figure in $4-5 range. A lot of the older employee clubs are still in that range, so chances are they will think long and hard on it.

Posted By: DeerKilla

Re: Bow hunters lease ONLY!!! - 08/03/10 05:17 PM

i am looking for one too. got into bowhunting last year and the rifle hunters on my lease make too much noise shooting pigs and deer. they have everything spooked bout two weeks into the season.

My crossbow is a silent killer!

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum