Texas Hunting Forum

idea about a cheap target

Posted By: bigboy17

idea about a cheap target - 07/09/10 06:39 AM

i was thinking make a box target out of a bunch or old cardboard boxes and just cutting the walls apart and glueing them together, and putting a cheap score target on it to try out my aim...do you guys think it'll work?

Posted By: bjankowski

Re: idea about a cheap target - 07/09/10 12:26 PM

You can gule cardboard together or you can fill a box with cardboard and old rags.

Posted By: Kobeer

Re: idea about a cheap target - 07/09/10 03:32 PM

i spent the 100.00 dollars and bought a mckenzie shooting block,it has a 1yr warranty and four sides you can shoot up plus it is super easy to remove the arrows out of it

Posted By: Teal28

Re: idea about a cheap target - 07/09/10 03:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Kobeer
i spent the 100.00 dollars and bought a mckenzie shooting block,it has a 1yr warranty and four sides you can shoot up plus it is super easy to remove the arrows out of it
And yet you still manage to shoot holes in the fence! rofl

Posted By: RLoving1

Re: idea about a cheap target - 07/09/10 03:47 PM

Originally Posted By: bjankowski
You can gule cardboard together or you can fill a box with cardboard and old rags.

Your back healed up from moving my Blob around?

Posted By: bigtuna

Re: idea about a cheap target - 07/09/10 04:13 PM

I've heard a lot of good things about the spyderweb targets. They claim two finger removal even with a speed bow, sounds pretty cool.

Posted By: scot

Re: idea about a cheap target - 07/09/10 04:31 PM

Academy sells one that will stock my Bow Madness for $9 bucks. Definitely not 2 finger removal though. It got the job done for me for a while though.

Re: idea about a cheap target - 07/09/10 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Teal28
Originally Posted By: Kobeer
And yet you still manage to shoot holes in the fence! rofl

i dont want to here crap from you how many damn arrows of mine have you lost

Re: idea about a cheap target - 07/09/10 06:43 PM

Originally Posted By: RLoving1

Your back healed up from moving my Blob around?

NO! I'm glad we are not planning on having childen anymore. That Freaking Blob was heavy, I'm glad it's at your house.

Re: idea about a cheap target - 07/09/10 08:28 PM

"WE" weren't going to have children anyway! You are scaring me.just cause we hunt together you get carried away with missing me! Kobeer handle this for me. rofl

Re: idea about a cheap target - 07/09/10 08:31 PM

Oh boy!! It must be lonely out there in West Texas you allowing your brain to play tricks on you. rofl

Re: idea about a cheap target - 07/09/10 08:38 PM

Originally Posted By: RLoving1
"WE" weren't going to have children anyway! You are scaring me.just cause we hunt together you get carried away with missing me! Kobeer handle this for me. rofl

dont be trying to pawn your damn problems on me, and trying to deal with bob is like trying to deal with a hormonal pregnant women

Re: idea about a cheap target - 07/09/10 08:40 PM

Hey, hey, hey.. I'm old, not Hormonal.

Re: idea about a cheap target - 07/09/10 11:41 PM

Hey, hey, hey.. I'm old, not Hormonal.

MENapause!

Posted By: RDub

Re: idea about a cheap target - 07/16/10 09:49 PM

I made one from stuff laying around the house. I took the foam padding and cardboard that 42 inch tv came in, put the foam block in a square pattern, stuffed some old towels in the cavity, wrapped duct tape around that as tight as I could. Then, I took the card board and cut it to fit each side of the blocks of foam. I then duct taped that to around the blocks. slapped a target on the front and there you go. It looks terrible, but it stops my arrows, and I can pull them out really easy. When the cardboard starts coming off, I just grab another section to fit, shoot again. I don't have extra money to spend on targets, so this works for me. I think anything that will stop your arrow, not break it or strip the fletching, and works for your budget, is just fine.

Re: idea about a cheap target - 07/16/10 10:08 PM

For all that work, I will stick with buying targets, and trust me, I've bought a lot of target in the last 40 plus years in archery.

Posted By: DeerHunter14

Re: idea about a cheap target - 07/26/10 04:27 AM

i took insulation left over from a project and wraped it with a big cloth and works fine

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum