Texas Hunting Forum

.22 Creed check up

Posted By: Buzzsaw

.22 Creed check up - 03/03/24 07:04 PM

Been a few months since Horizon started making these more available.

Anyone shooting one? What ammo?

Factory loads showing up.

Re: .22 Creed check up - 03/03/24 10:34 PM

what I'm looking for: has anyone bought a Horizon .22 Creedmoor yet?
Posted By: Judd

Re: .22 Creed check up - 03/03/24 11:27 PM

They gonna shoot, it’s good parts and Horizon has proven time and time again they build a good rifle.
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: .22 Creed check up - 03/04/24 12:16 AM

Pretty good price on the Vandal, not sure who make the barrel though. I bet it is a good one.

A friend just bought a Fierce 22 Creed, initial results are not the best.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: .22 Creed check up - 03/04/24 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by LonestarCobra
Pretty good price on the Vandal, not sure who make the barrel though. I bet it is a good one.

A friend just bought a Fierce 22 Creed, initial results are not the best.

From what I was told at DSC, the barrels are now in house.
Posted By: Slick Head

Re: .22 Creed check up - 03/04/24 12:47 AM

I have a Horizon Vandal. It will shoot same hole. I have lots of ammo. Hornady ammo is hitting the shelves.

Re: .22 Creed check up - 03/04/24 02:42 PM

Thanks guys. I went down this rabbit hole already when the .22 Creed first came out. I need to stay off Youtube.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: .22 Creed check up - 03/04/24 04:02 PM

I've been loading a lot of 22 Creedmoor ammo lately. It's a great little hot rod round, for sure!
Posted By: DStroud

Re: .22 Creed check up - 03/05/24 01:56 AM

I have sighted in a dozen or so Vandals and a couple Venatic’s over the last few months and they have been very consistent. I am pretty sure the Venatic series gets Benchmark barrels but the Vandal I am not sure of?
I know during past few DSC events Derrick said they usually move 15-20 rifles and this year over 350 sold mostly thanks to 22 Creedmoor.
The 22CM ammo sales are crazy too….if they can convince Hornady to load the new
62gr ELD-VT bullet in the 22 Creedmoor that’s going to be a winner for sure.
I am sure it will happen just not sure how fast. I would guess Hornady won’t be too keen to have folks comparing that bullet in the 22 ARC versus the 22 Creedmoor.
Posted By: Schooler

Re: .22 Creed check up - 03/05/24 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

I have two of them. Both shoot 1/2” or better. They are also really good looking guns.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: .22 Creed check up - 03/05/24 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by DStroud
I have sighted in a dozen or so Vandals and a couple Venatic’s over the last few months and they have been very consistent. I am pretty sure the Venatic series gets Benchmark barrels but the Vandal I am not sure of?
I know during past few DSC events Derrick said they usually move 15-20 rifles and this year over 350 sold mostly thanks to 22 Creedmoor.
The 22CM ammo sales are crazy too….if they can convince Hornady to load the new
62gr ELD-VT bullet in the 22 Creedmoor that’s going to be a winner for sure.
I am sure it will happen just not sure how fast. I would guess Hornady won’t be too keen to have folks comparing that bullet in the 22 ARC versus the 22 Creedmoor.

I was wondering if there would be a lighter bullet for the 22CM. 62g would be a screamer and absolutely punishment on pasture poodles

Re: .22 Creed check up - 03/06/24 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Schooler
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

I have two of them. Both shoot 1/2” or better. They are also really good looking guns.

good to hear, thanks
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum