Texas Hunting Forum

Dury Guns; San Antonio

Posted By: FamousAmos

Dury Guns; San Antonio - 01/10/24 11:39 PM

I received a gift card for Christmas and plan to shop for an additional rifle. I've never been to Dury's and I know nothing about their selection, prices, etc.

Anyone in the San Antonio area have experience shopping at this gun store?
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Dury Guns; San Antonio - 01/11/24 01:35 AM

Only negative I can say is you will pay more there than many places.
Posted By: Adchunts

Re: Dury Guns; San Antonio - 01/11/24 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by redchevy
Only negative I can say is you will pay more there than many places.

That is my experience as well. Went in there fairly regularly 2016-2020 and don’t think I ever purchased anything.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Dury Guns; San Antonio - 01/11/24 02:02 AM

Better than Nagel's. Old store with a good reputation. When Dury was alive, everyone you spoke to was "good friends" with him. rolleyes Decent gunsmiths. I've bought very little there, but they've been around a long time.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Dury Guns; San Antonio - 01/11/24 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Better than Nagel's. Old store with a good reputation. When Dury was alive, everyone you spoke to was "good friends" with him. rolleyes Decent gunsmiths. I've bought very little there, but they've been around a long time.

Better than Nagel’s lol, where the customer is an inconvenience to a bunch of grumpy old farts, not saying much
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Dury Guns; San Antonio - 01/11/24 02:21 AM

Better than Nagel’s lol, where the customer is an inconvenience to a bunch of grumpy old farts, not saying much

Nagels was the worst gun store ever.

Durys has a fantastic selection. Pricey on some things, some other things not so much. If I needed a new rifle I would shop there no question.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Dury Guns; San Antonio - 01/11/24 03:52 AM

sounds like most gun shops
Posted By: Joebob053

Re: Dury Guns; San Antonio - 01/11/24 05:45 AM

Was Nagel’s ever good? Dury’s is great, but yes you will spend more there, good customer service, but you have the option to put that gift card towards a really nice gun.
Posted By: Ziggybock

Re: Dury Guns; San Antonio - 01/11/24 02:57 PM

I have bought several rifles and shotguns from them over the years and agree that their customer service is good. I think they have a much better selection of brands, calibers and quality than anyone else in San Antonio as well. I wanted a Roughtech in 7mm Mag when they first came out. No one in town had any but I stopped by Dury's and they ordered it for me and had it in 5 days. When I asked the other shops about ordering one, they made it seem like it was a huge hassle and told me it would take months to deliver. I agree that they are on the higher end on pricing but they can get you what you want.

- Z
Posted By: JP4065

Re: Dury Guns; San Antonio - 01/11/24 06:16 PM

Dury's has two stores now, the old one on Hot Wells and a new one near the airport. I have bought a few guns from them in the past but they were used ones. They also sell quite a few on GunBroker.

I never did buy much from Nagels, that place always looked like a yard sale exploded inside it. They do have quite a bit of inventory and quite a bit of reloading stuff.

That Texas Gun Shop off of Bandera was probably the worst one, it is a wonder someone never beat that guy to sleep. Hateful guy.
Posted By: FamousAmos

Re: Dury Guns; San Antonio - 01/11/24 06:47 PM

Ended up with a Remington 700 in 30-06 and a Vortex Diamondback 4-16 for $1100.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Dury Guns; San Antonio - 01/11/24 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by FamousAmos
Ended up with a Remington 700 in 30-06 and a Vortex Diamondback 4-16 for $1100.

Classic rig. Well done! cheers

Originally Posted by JP4065
That Texas Gun Shop off of Bandera was probably the worst one, it is a wonder someone never beat that guy to sleep. Hateful guy.

But the guy he bought that shop from was golden. up 'Bought a Sako LH .338 with a Schmidt and Bender scope back in '99, Mannlicher stock. Still got it. I think even he told me the in-coming guy was a tool out of Kerrville.
Posted By: JP4065

Re: Dury Guns; San Antonio - 01/11/24 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by JP4065

But the guy he bought that shop from was golden. up 'Bought a Sako LH .338 with a Schmidt and Bender scope back in '99, Mannlicher stock. Still got it. I think even he told me the in-coming guy was a tool out of Kerrville. [/quote]

Yes, the previous owner was a good guy.
Posted By: Joebob053

Re: Dury Guns; San Antonio - 01/12/24 03:24 AM

Solid, reliable and available rounds. Good choice!
Posted By: DeRico

Re: Dury Guns; San Antonio - 01/12/24 03:27 AM

I’ve been wanting to visit Dury’s but Armed in America out in Bulverde has been my go to.
Posted By: deckh

Re: Dury Guns; San Antonio - 01/15/24 05:03 PM

Amen re Nagel's.
Posted By: deckh

Re: Dury Guns; San Antonio - 01/15/24 05:04 PM

Amen re Nagel's.
Posted By: bluetopper

Re: Dury Guns; San Antonio - 01/17/24 04:26 AM

The only thing I know about them is they always have a lot of guns for sale on Gunbroker and I like to browse them there.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum