Texas Hunting Forum

Clone Glock Build

Posted By: BoomStick

Clone Glock Build - 10/20/23 07:39 PM

So for my birthday I decided to get into the Glock world, sorta. I found a deal on a complete Gen3 Glock Pattern lower built by SCT. I figured that I would build the gun. I have built (assembled) many AR-15s and built my 1911. I figured I would give this a shot. I told myself that I would take my time. But I can't do that and all the parts are on the way. So, my question is, has anyone else built their own Glock clone from these aftermarket Gen3 kits? I'm not spending a lot of money on it. Right now I'm in it for about $325 without magazines. What's everyone's thoughts on going this route.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Clone Glock Build - 10/20/23 07:48 PM

Glock internals are about the simplest you'll come across. I've stripped mine down to bare plastic frame and reassembled many times over. Very simple, watch a youtube video on it. up good luck and congrats on BDay present.
Posted By: luv2brode

Re: Clone Glock Build - 10/21/23 03:35 AM

Had good luck in the past
Posted By: HandyMan91

Re: Clone Glock Build - 10/21/23 10:23 PM

The SCT frames are one of my favorites, stay away from the cheap no name UPK and LPK kits on ebay etc, i have had fitment issues with them in the past. I believe im on build # 5 or 6 now, its very simple and alot of fun.
Posted By: SenkoSamurai

Re: Clone Glock Build - 10/22/23 12:57 AM

Interested. Just now hearing of this trend and researching. Where should I start?
Posted By: HandyMan91

Re: Clone Glock Build - 10/22/23 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by SenkoSamurai
Interested. Just now hearing of this trend and researching. Where should I start?

If you want to try it , this would be thw absolute cheapest place to start. Full kit minus a mag for 225. If you like it then your options are endless, but im not aware of a cheaper ready to go kit

https://www.righttobear.com/combat-...r-gen-3-glock-19-23-32-lpk-ffl-req-copy/
Posted By: luv2brode

Re: Clone Glock Build - 10/22/23 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by HandyMan91
Originally Posted by SenkoSamurai

If you want to try it , this would be thw absolute cheapest place to start. Full kit minus a mag for 225. If you like it then your options are endless, but im not aware of a cheaper ready to go kit

https://www.righttobear.com/combat-...r-gen-3-glock-19-23-32-lpk-ffl-req-copy/

Thanks was not familiar w them
Posted By: SenkoSamurai

Re: Clone Glock Build - 10/22/23 03:10 PM

Thanks!
Posted By: BoomStick

Re: Clone Glock Build - 10/24/23 12:30 AM

I bought the SCT complete lower frame from RighttoBear.com. I caught it on sale for right around $100 with tax. Then a $20 transfer fee. so they run sales alot. They have lots of deals. I also bought a basic gen3 slide and barrel for $100 from them as well.
Polymer80 and Palmetto State Armory run specials on kits all the time as well. PSA's Dagger pistol is a Gen3 Glock clone. Many options out there.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum