Texas Hunting Forum

Ar15 folding stock adapter

Posted By: Hunter-Steve

Ar15 folding stock adapter - 09/11/23 09:30 PM

Anyone have one of these AR15 folding stock adapters?? It looks pretty cool so I’m tempted to get a few

https://aimaculate.com/
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Ar15 folding stock adapter - 09/11/23 09:57 PM

I've tried some of the folding adapters. Never heard of this one though. They work ok for what they are.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Ar15 folding stock adapter - 09/11/23 11:27 PM

Never heard of them
I believe the majority run these

https://www.lawtactical.com/ar_folding_stock_adapter_gen_3_m_p/99312.htm
Posted By: Big Sam

Re: Ar15 folding stock adapter - 09/11/23 11:32 PM

It sure looks like the LAW Tactical. Same steel, overall design and weight of the LAW tactical.. My only experience is with the LAW Tactical folder and I'm very impressed with it. I don't know anything about the Aimaculate.

Re: Ar15 folding stock adapter - 09/11/23 11:40 PM

Thanks. I’m going to order two and I’ll let you know how they turn out
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Ar15 folding stock adapter - 09/12/23 01:26 AM

Very little info out and just a few forum reviews. I would pass and stick with a LAW
Looks a little fake
Posted By: Teal28

Re: Ar15 folding stock adapter - 09/12/23 10:22 AM

Never heard of them either. Id be cautious but for $110 its not that big a risk. Big red flag is they use the Term "Spec Ops" in their Marketing. Sounds Mall Ninja and none of the quality gun parts companies use gimmick words or phrases like this.
Posted By: GasGuzzler

Re: Ar15 folding stock adapter - 09/12/23 10:41 AM

Their address is an apartment complex.

No phone or email listed on their site.
Posted By: gat0r

Re: Ar15 folding stock adapter - 09/12/23 11:16 AM

reviews online are very questionable.

seems made of aluminum not steel
& out of spec.

considering chi-com knock-offs are avail for $30-40... prolly ordering & repkg'ing

next door to the Bangladesh Consulate (likely just a coincidence, i'm sure... LOL)

Re: Ar15 folding stock adapter - 09/12/23 12:31 PM

Could always get you one of these bad boys. I call it the micro scar lol. 8” 300BLK PSA JAKL SBR.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Ar15 folding stock adapter - 09/12/23 01:27 PM

Or one of these: [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
It doesn't take much of a jacket to conceal when folded up.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Ar15 folding stock adapter - 09/12/23 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Brother in-law
Very little info out and just a few forum reviews. I would pass and stick with a LAW
Looks a little fake

Me too.
Posted By: safarigene

Re: Ar15 folding stock adapter - 09/12/23 03:25 PM

When I built my backpack gun, I ended up going with a Shield arms SA-15 receiver that has the folder built into it.

Re: Ar15 folding stock adapter - 09/12/23 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by safarigene
When I built my backpack gun, I ended up going with a Shield arms SA-15 receiver that has the folder built into it.

I think this is definitely the way to go if you're wanting an AR15 folder. I used the LAW and it was nice, but just seemed kind of out of place. Which is why I returned it and used the money towards the PSA JAKL. I'm much happier.
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Ar15 folding stock adapter - 09/12/23 03:36 PM

There are several clues that this site is, at worst, an outright scam or, at best, [censored] knockoffs sold on a site that "borrows" from other sites (and is too lazy to correct it). Hint "Better Brands" and "Tactiland". That's just on the surface - what is rendered in the browser for the visitor to see.

From a technical perspective, the domain was registered 2023-05-18. I tend to be highly skeptical of newly registered domains. It was registered for a term of one year. A legit business typically registers for a longer term to get a better price. But why pay for more than a year if you don't intend on lasting longer than that. Scam sites take the cheap way - one year.

If you get the product you may be disappointed. Don't be cheap. Pass and pay up for a better product from a reputable business.

Re: Ar15 folding stock adapter - 09/12/23 11:14 PM

A friend of mine ordered one and sent me the link. I’m going to take a look at what he got but I still thing I’ll go with the Law Tactical version

Thanks for all the feedback
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum