Texas Hunting Forum

All I do is load mags

Posted By: Bart H

All I do is load mags - 09/10/23 03:31 PM

I took 2 ladies and a buddy shooting, and I think all I did was load mags! The ladies had a ball shooting steel targets with the suppressed CZ 455 and the M&P 15/22. Both ladies were first-time shooters, and both wanted to come back and give it a try. The Riton scopes made engaging steel knock-down ram targets at 50 yards easy. They both enjoyed doing timed competitions as well. Besides how much fun they had, they were surprised when 1 asked me how much all the ammo we shot up cost. Lets see....about 200 rounds of 9mm from a Carbine, 100 rounds of .223 , and 50 rounds of .17 HMR. Adds up fast.

[img]https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/1kev...rlkey=1nkadaaitpcp3t4ebwewt7prs&dl=0[/img]
Posted By: 603Country

Re: All I do is load mags - 09/10/23 03:45 PM

It’s always good to intro folks to shooting, particularly the women. It’s fun for me to watch them have fun. And yes, they can run through some ammo, but I think the expense is worth it.
Posted By: 10mmillie

Re: All I do is load mags - 09/10/23 04:09 PM

I always enjoy just loading mags in those situations. Shooting is fun and it’s always good to train others. They also need to be trained to load mags.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: All I do is load mags - 09/10/23 05:34 PM

great job!!
Posted By: angus1956

Re: All I do is load mags - 09/10/23 06:34 PM

Tell them the first outing is free. Show them what to bring for the next time. You got them hooked now. smile
Posted By: Big Sam

Re: All I do is load mags - 09/10/23 08:00 PM

Well done Bart!
Posted By: Bart H

Re: All I do is load mags - 09/22/23 04:33 PM

I just took out two more ladies from my yoga momma group, lol, I'm the only guy, and as much as I dislike it, the stretching has helped my old body out. I just brought 22s this time. Bolts actions,10/22,15/22, and 2 Ruger pistols. Not one of the gals had shot before, and they both had a good time. 1, her husband deer hunts, and now she wants to go with him, sorry man, I didn't see that coming! Of course, I made sure they let their husbands know what they would be doing with me and that they were bringing a friend. It was a fun time, and 1 gal who is involved with the school system didn't want any pics taken. I said it's TX, your street cred will only go up!
Posted By: kmon11

Re: All I do is load mags - 09/22/23 05:55 PM

Love days like that. Introducing people to shooting can be lots of fun.
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: All I do is load mags - 09/22/23 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bart H
I just took out two more ladies from my yoga momma group, lol, I'm the only guy, and as much as I dislike it, the stretching has helped my old body out. I just brought 22s this time. Bolts actions,10/22,15/22, and 2 Ruger pistols. Not one of the gals had shot before, and they both had a good time. 1, her husband deer hunts, and now she wants to go with him, sorry man, I didn't see that coming! Of course, I made sure they let their husbands know what they would be doing with me and that they were bringing a friend. It was a fun time, and 1 gal who is involved with the school system didn't want any pics taken. I said it's TX, your street cred will only go up!

Did they wear their yoga pants?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum