Texas Hunting Forum

Yildiz O/U

Posted By: Bucksnorter

Yildiz O/U - 09/07/23 09:34 PM

Any place to get more chokes? I have the 5 it came with but I am OCD about having 2 different chokes. Also, how do you ease the stiffness when breaking over to eject shells? Sorry for the quiz but am new to O/U guns.
Posted By: P_102

Re: Yildiz O/U - 09/07/23 09:40 PM

Briley. Make sure the pivot points are greased and open/close a chitload of times while watching the entire Gone With the Wind.
Posted By: Savage243

Re: Yildiz O/U - 09/08/23 01:12 AM

If Gone with the Wind is t your thing maybe open and close it while watching all of Lonesome Dove confused2
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Yildiz O/U - 09/08/23 01:29 AM

You probably need at least 5 more chokes. A little 1500 grit will get that gun flopping open in a hurry.
Posted By: kelvinator

Re: Yildiz O/U - 09/08/23 02:01 PM

They do take a while to loosen up.
I bought a 20ga OU a few years ago, probably got 3 cases or so through it and still plenty stiff.
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Yildiz O/U - 09/10/23 11:06 AM

Briley down in Houston makes the chokes for your Yildiz. Their chokes are on par with any of the best. They will make any constriction you want.

Wipe any old lube off. Grease the hinge pins and mating surface. Also grease the forearm iron and where it mates with the reciever. Grease the knuckle on the barrels. It will noticeably limber up almost immediately and keep the gun tight and the barrels on face.
I have a 410 yildiz. I love shooting it and have killed a pile of birds with it. It is actually my favorite 410. I just use the factory chokes.
Posted By: Nolanco

Re: Yildiz O/U - 09/11/23 12:24 PM

Smokey: Have a favored grease for this job? I have an NIB Yildiz .410 O/U that I need to shoot one of these days.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum