Texas Hunting Forum

FFL transfer cost

Posted By: Buzzsaw

FFL transfer cost - 06/02/23 07:32 PM

My "go to" FFL for transfers just went up to $45. Seems they want people buying guns from them instead of other places.

What are ya'll seeing CLOSE to Frisco?.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: FFL transfer cost - 06/02/23 07:47 PM

Double M Defense in Frisco...just down the road from you on Stonebrook Parkway, east of the Toll Way. $20 or $25 I think. Veterans are $10.
Posted By: jimbob

Re: FFL transfer cost - 06/02/23 08:02 PM

Yup, wont be transfering via Riflegear any more. Dont even discount for CHL
Posted By: Cass

Re: FFL transfer cost - 06/02/23 08:08 PM

Just use the Gunbroker search tool. Just put in your zip and see what comes up.

https://www.gunbroker.com/ffl/index

The one I use in Arlington that is a half mile from my house and charges $20 if you have a CHL/LTC or are military or first responder.

Posted By: 9x19

Re: FFL transfer cost - 06/02/23 09:25 PM

$15 locally
Posted By: angus1956

Re: FFL transfer cost - 06/02/23 11:02 PM

Past & Blast in Whitsboro I think is $20.00.
Posted By: brent1

Re: FFL transfer cost - 06/02/23 11:38 PM

Double m is 10$ In frisco
Posted By: jeepercreeper

Re: FFL transfer cost - 06/02/23 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by brent1
Double m is 10$ In frisco

Yep. These guys are great. They have good prices on what they have in stock too.
Posted By: Blackout Bill

Re: FFL transfer cost - 06/05/23 01:30 AM

Lewisville Pawn is open for business and is still just $10. Yolanda, her brother and Father are “all in!” I’m sure they would love some more reputable business, like we can provide.

Not a bad drive from your neck of the woods Buzz.
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: FFL transfer cost - 06/05/23 01:33 PM

$40.00 at two different places here in Mesquite
Posted By: Slick Head

Re: FFL transfer cost - 06/05/23 02:18 PM

I know several dealers have gone up across board and some have only gone up on certain people. The paperwork is time consuming and can be an inconvience if te the tranferee comes in immediately after getting a notification from fedex or ups that their item has been delivered without giving the dealer a chance to recieve it.

Most dealers are losing money doing transfers. Most do it hoping that the person receving the trsnsfer buys something while in their store.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: FFL transfer cost - 06/05/23 04:03 PM

The licensees here do mine for free as a courtesy but normally charge 20.00.
Posted By: TDK

Re: FFL transfer cost - 06/05/23 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Slick Head
I know several dealers have gone up across board and some have only gone up on certain people. The paperwork is time consuming and can be an inconvience if te the tranferee comes in immediately after getting a notification from fedex or ups that their item has been delivered without giving the dealer a chance to recieve it.

Most dealers are losing money doing transfers. Most do it hoping that the person receving the trsnsfer buys something while in their store.

I tried explaining this years ago on this board, didn’t go well. Ironically I make 4X as much money mowing lawns, with 2X less stress as compared to revenue generated from having an FFL. $10-$20 per transfer on a gun someone ordered in to avoid paying your cost, which already wasn’t netting you much return is just fighting over scraps with the mice.

When I did transfers, I’d make far more money just telling people I took tips to do such, versus charging $15-$20. Something about burdening people with having to make them consider what someone else’s time should be worth worked favorably.

People don’t realize there’s more to a transfer than just paperwork during the purchasers pickup, and calling NICS if required.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum