Texas Hunting Forum

Old gun Digest books. Worth keeping?

Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Old gun Digest books. Worth keeping? - 04/07/23 10:12 PM

I have several old gun digest and some other books that were my dads. Are these even worth the space they are taking up?
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Old gun Digest books. Worth keeping? - 04/07/23 10:23 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Old gun Digest books. Worth keeping? - 04/07/23 10:33 PM

I see them in antique stores from time to time for around $10 each. IMO, they can be useful in learning about models that are out of production but still in the hands of owners looking to sell them. While the suggested values are no longer applicable, there are plenty of online sources for that.
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: Old gun Digest books. Worth keeping? - 04/07/23 11:12 PM

In your situation you might consider keeping every fourth or fifth year, or maybe something like that. Old reference books can really come in handy, but there is such a thing as "too much of a good thing."
Posted By: JCB

Re: Old gun Digest books. Worth keeping? - 04/08/23 12:04 AM

1970's and earlier will bring a little money but not alot. For those you would be best to just price them as a whole lot or just give them to someone who would like to have them. At Gun shows you can buy 1980's and newer for about $5 each but they aint flying off the shelves at that price. I wouldnt throw them away though. Someone here would want them I am sure.
Posted By: Nolanco

Re: Old gun Digest books. Worth keeping? - 04/08/23 10:03 AM

There are some very fine articles that appeared in the Gun Digests over the years whose content would be hard to duplicate; at least this was true before the Internet.
Posted By: pertnear

Re: Old gun Digest books. Worth keeping? - 04/08/23 12:44 PM

There are a couple in there I wouldn't mind having on my shelf... smile
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Old gun Digest books. Worth keeping? - 04/08/23 02:39 PM

I keep all that stuff. Problem is that I seldom get around to reading it.
Posted By: Dave Scott

Re: Old gun Digest books. Worth keeping? - 04/08/23 03:41 PM

Yes, once the information is gone, it's gone. My local library had Phil Sharpe's original book on reloading, including the 357 Magnum. THEY TOSSED OR SOLD/Gave away the book.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum