Texas Hunting Forum

Holsters for Concealed Carry Help Please!

Posted By: Stub

Holsters for Concealed Carry Help Please! - 03/24/23 02:23 PM

Just bought a new Smith & Wesson M&P9 Plus NTS and looking for two items.

One a holster that slides on to my belt to wear around the hip with my jeans or belted shorts, two a holsters/device that does not need a belt, something comfortable that I can strap to my waist under a loose shirt.

Any and all suggestions much appreciated.
Posted By: 65x55

Re: Holsters for Concealed Carry Help Please! - 03/24/23 02:32 PM

I'm a big fan of JM4Tactical magnetic holsters. They're made here in Texas. You can wear them IWB or flip the magnet and wear OWB crossdraw. Good with belt or no belt, very quick and easy to put on.
Posted By: OddJob94

Re: Holsters for Concealed Carry Help Please! - 03/24/23 02:33 PM

Tier 1 Concealed is my choice for kydex holsters, they offer inside and outside waist holsters and you can select to use the ulticlip otion for IWB that clips to the clothing not the belt. for OWB they use a paddle style with claws that hook under the belt from behind.
Posted By: stevehong

Re: Holsters for Concealed Carry Help Please! - 03/24/23 03:10 PM

Bravo concealment is a good option, but sometimes they are a little too tight on the slide and you'll get a lot of wear marks
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Holsters for Concealed Carry Help Please! - 03/24/23 03:21 PM

Tier 1 makes a good holster, but not cheap.
Posted By: RJH1

Re: Holsters for Concealed Carry Help Please! - 03/24/23 03:40 PM

Comptac, vedder, sticky, etc. Lots of holsters are pretty much the same, for quality you're going to spend 70ish bucks and up. You can buy cheap ones for less and they may or may not be good. Just get ready to buy a few holsters and know that you're not going to wear all of them. I have four or five for my carry gun and while I mostly wear one or two, they all get used occasionally. One of the reasons I quit looking at new carry guns is when I think about having to buy all the new damn holsters LOL. Good luck
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Holsters for Concealed Carry Help Please! - 03/24/23 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by 65x55
I'm a big fan of JM4Tactical magnetic holsters. They're made here in Texas. You can wear them IWB or flip the magnet and wear OWB crossdraw. Good with belt or no belt, very quick and easy to put on.

I like the high rise jm4 holsters. I can't get a good grip with the regular ones. With a belt, I like the desantis pro stealth. comfortable, and carries an extra mag.
Posted By: Bones72

Re: Holsters for Concealed Carry Help Please! - 03/24/23 04:47 PM

My be,st options are from wither Crossbreed or DeSantis. Both can be a few dollars but worth it in my opinion.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Holsters for Concealed Carry Help Please! - 03/24/23 04:58 PM

I use a Comp-Tac MTAC holster daily. It is the most comfortable holster I have found. You can cant the holster to the proper tilt you want, and raise or lower the pistol with the adjustments on the belt clips. I like holsters where the belt clips are forward and behind the pistol/holster. The holsters with the belt clip in the center stick out too much. They also allow the pistol to tilt more and flex forward and back more with movement. The belt clips forward and back of the pistol prevent this movement.
Posted By: stevehong

Re: Holsters for Concealed Carry Help Please! - 03/24/23 07:22 PM

Just ordered a Raven concealment, started to think about holsters and checked out some sites
got a good deal on a holster and surefire light combo - https://rcsgear.com/perun-lc-for-sig-p320c-surefire-x-300u-b

didnt see much for SW MP handguns, but check them out
Posted By: John2

Re: Holsters for Concealed Carry Help Please! - 03/24/23 08:39 PM

This is what I have and it's only $49.00

https://www.galcogunleather.com/uim...ther_holster_IWB_Waistband_2_black_b.jpg
Posted By: angus1956

Re: Holsters for Concealed Carry Help Please! - 03/24/23 08:42 PM

This^^^
Got rid of all others this is the only one I use. So comfortable I don't even know I'm carrying.
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Holsters for Concealed Carry Help Please! - 03/25/23 03:57 AM

Tried kydex and leather and just couldn't feel comfortable. Went to a Sticky holster and have been super happy. It stays in place pretty well and super comfortable. The kydex would dig into my skin and pinch me so I had to switch.

Re: Holsters for Concealed Carry Help Please! - 03/25/23 01:48 PM

Googled everyone suggestion, a lot to digest, Great info that is much appreciated!!

Would not think that gym shorts waistband would be supportive enough for magnetic holsters or are they? Maybe I need to find some different comfortable walking shorts that will support a magnetic holster.

Does anyone use a Belly Band holster? Walk the mutt 1-2 miles every morning wearing gym shorts and T Shirt so nothing to clip a holster to or pocket big enough to carry.

Sticky has a Belly Band any other suggestions on Belly Bands?
Posted By: Greg

Re: Holsters for Concealed Carry Help Please! - 03/25/23 06:08 PM

I tried so many of them and never really found one that didn’t dig into me. I wasn’t carrying as much because of it so I switched to a sticky holster and pocket carry. I don’t feel it at all and carry pretty much everywhere I go.
Posted By: 65x55

Re: Holsters for Concealed Carry Help Please! - 03/25/23 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Stub
Googled everyone suggestion, a lot to digest, Great info that is much appreciated!!

Would not think that gym shorts waistband would be supportive enough for magnetic holsters or are they? Maybe I need to find some different comfortable walking shorts that will support a magnetic holster.

Does anyone use a Belly Band holster? Walk the mutt 1-2 miles every morning wearing gym shorts and T Shirt so nothing to clip a holster to or pocket big enough to carry.

Sticky has a Belly Band any other suggestions on Belly Bands?

As long as the draw string is tight, it's worked for me. I carry a standard P365 with 12 round mag. I'm guessing some models are better/worse suited depending on weight and grip shape. You could try loading with 68 grain bullets to save a lot of weight, I haven't done that but I know people who do.

Re: Holsters for Concealed Carry Help Please! - 03/26/23 11:47 AM

Just went on Amazon typed in Belly Band Holsters and there are a bunch of them to choose from.

Some models show the built in holster on the side, others more to the front. I am thinking I need the holster more to the side?

Any thoughts or experience?
Posted By: Ox190

Re: Holsters for Concealed Carry Help Please! - 03/27/23 02:40 AM

+1 for JM4 made in Abilene.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Holsters for Concealed Carry Help Please! - 03/27/23 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by Stub
Does anyone use a Belly Band holster?

Yes. I made mine. I carry a Kahr PM40 for that. I used a kydex shell that fit my pistol from a different holster. I bought a 4" black stretch band at the fabric store. I sewed a velcro patch on the band and put the opposite velcro on the kydex holster. The holster is sandwiched in between the velcro. The holster can be positioned in any direction or height, specifically for wearing with gym shorts and T-shirt. I've even used it wearing formal attire where my normal holster wouldn't work. I use this minimal, since I generally wear shorts with a belt.

But there are many "Belly Band" styles available now that should work well with gym shorts.
Posted By: okstatefan

Re: Holsters for Concealed Carry Help Please! - 03/27/23 05:37 PM

I wear the Kaylle bellyband holster. I believe I ordered it from Amazon. I wear this holster when cycling or any time I am wearing athletic shorts. I carry an LCR, 2 reload strips, knife and flashlight.
Posted By: ep2621

Re: Holsters for Concealed Carry Help Please! - 03/28/23 12:50 AM

Tenicor as far as IWB that slides over a belt.

Re: Holsters for Concealed Carry Help Please! - 03/29/23 06:39 PM

Chose the ComforTac belly band holster, tried it on and it was comfortable, now I need to decide on probably a Magnetic holster, will go back over y'alls suggestion and get one asap.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Holsters for Concealed Carry Help Please! - 03/29/23 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by DocHorton
Tried kydex and leather and just couldn't feel comfortable. Went to a Sticky holster and have been super happy. It stays in place pretty well and super comfortable. The kydex would dig into my skin and pinch me so I had to switch.

I like the Sticky holsteralso
Posted By: Judd

Re: Holsters for Concealed Carry Help Please! - 03/29/23 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

x3 Bobo showed me his sticky holster and I tried it with a Glock 43...I carry a lot more often due to that holster. Just never really have found one comfortable prior to it....best part about it, they are cheap!
Posted By: deerfeeder

Re: Holsters for Concealed Carry Help Please! - 03/29/23 11:50 PM

These guys make stuff that will last for years.

https://kirkpatrickleather.com/

Re: Holsters for Concealed Carry Help Please! - 03/30/23 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Judd
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

x3 Bobo showed me his sticky holster and I tried it with a Glock 43...I carry a lot more often due to that holster.

Just never really have found one comfortable prior to it....best part about it, they are cheap!

This morning I did a 1.4 mile trial walk with my ComforTac and it was very comfortable, for the most part I barely knew it was on.

Judd mine was only $19.98 on Amazon

I considered the Sticky Holster but it appears to be a Belly Band with separate holster that you slide underneath the band where ever you want to.
The ComforTac has a built in Holster with a pocket next to it and a extra clip holder that you can attach to it if you want.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Holsters for Concealed Carry Help Please! - 03/30/23 03:21 PM

Yes, this pistol you bought might be a tad large for a sticky although I used one without any belly band to carry my full sized 1911 pistol in my waist all around a popular vacation city.

You guys who use the holsters, do you just wear the same pants everyday with your holster attached?

Paddles seem to be a better "on and off" option.
Posted By: Ben Kabisch

Re: Holsters for Concealed Carry Help Please! - 04/03/23 04:34 PM

I wear shorts and sweat pants alot w no belt...i have found the smartcarry for my g43x to be my best option
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum