Texas Hunting Forum

Revolver Help - May Sell

Posted By: Hawgfly

Revolver Help - May Sell - 05/19/20 06:56 PM

Need some help, I'm not a revolver guy and I have two that my dad left me. I'm more of a semi auto person and have a couple of new guns I want. Here's what I have that I'm interested in knowing what a good/fair price for selling them would be.

Colt Army Special 41, serial # shows as 1906 Officer Special. One of the grip handles is broken but the handle is still there. It's not perfect but gun looks good.
United States Arms 357 Mag - Excellent Condition.

I normally don't ever sell my guns but if I'm not using them, I would rather get something I can have fun with.
Posted By: okjhutch

Re: Revolver Help - May Sell - 05/19/20 07:06 PM

where you located and/or can you send me pics
thanks

Re: Revolver Help - May Sell - 05/19/20 07:13 PM

I live in the Fort Worth area. let me post pics here in just a minute.

Re: Revolver Help - May Sell - 05/19/20 07:20 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolver Help - May Sell - 05/19/20 07:20 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 218 Bee

Re: Revolver Help - May Sell - 05/19/20 07:49 PM

The US Arms Abilene series were made in Hauppauge, New York and are apparently a well made firearm.

If memory serves, the company was sued by Ruger over their use of a similar transfer bar ignition system. They were bought out by (again, if I'm remembering correctly) Mossberg and were never marketed after that. US Arms also marketed the Seville model and I've never heard complaints about either. Looking to the future, lack of parts would be a significant issue. As to value, I'd place it slightly below a Ruger Blackhawk in similar condition (the single photo doesn't really provide enough info for me to be comfortable giving you a number).

Some interesting reading: https://www.singleactions.com/Seville.pdf

Mark

Re: Revolver Help - May Sell - 05/19/20 08:15 PM

Thank you, I appreciate any and all feedback.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum