Texas Hunting Forum

What carry belt?

Posted By: KWood_TSU

What carry belt? - 04/23/20 03:01 PM

What belt, leather, do you use for your everyday carry.
I dont need fancy, I need a workhorse, it'll get sweated out almost everyday in the summer, so it needs to be durable.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: What carry belt? - 04/23/20 03:17 PM

I wear an Original Instructor Belt by Wilderness Tactical. Not leather but it has lasted me 8 years.
Posted By: ccoker

Re: What carry belt? - 04/23/20 03:19 PM

I love the Comp-Tac with the tapered ends so that it goes to a normal width up front

https://comp-tac.com/gun-belt-kydex-reinforced-cut-on-a-contour-top-grain-cowhide-leather/
Posted By: jeffbird

Re: What carry belt? - 04/23/20 03:26 PM

Wilderness Instructor Belt with a plastic insert, which really makes is stiffer, but not uncomfortable.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: What carry belt? - 04/23/20 03:29 PM

It's not TAF but anything Rob Longnecker makes is perfect Tucketgunleather.com

[Linked Image]
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: What carry belt? - 04/23/20 03:31 PM

1-3/4" Leather belt, Turner Leatherworks
Posted By: cblackall

Re: What carry belt? - 04/23/20 03:50 PM

A Better Belt USA. They’re out of Houston. Solid gun belts, and fantastic customer service.
Posted By: LFD2037

Re: What carry belt? - 04/23/20 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by TexFlip
I wear an Original Instructor Belt by Wilderness Tactical. Not leather but it has lasted me 8 years.

x3.
Posted By: Lone Ranger

Re: What carry belt? - 04/23/20 04:36 PM

Hanks Belts are made in USA and guaranteed 100 years and are fair priced. Great quality as well, take a look at them.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: What carry belt? - 04/23/20 04:51 PM

Never had a leather belt hold up more than a year. I prefer the Magpul belts for under the duty belt and off duty carry. I carry full-size guns off duty and they don’t flex under the weight
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: What carry belt? - 04/23/20 04:54 PM

I run a double layered black leather belt, 1.5". They are very durable and stiff. I bought an extra one for my brother, and he swears by it also. I don't recall the brand.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: What carry belt? - 04/23/20 04:56 PM

Magpul Tejas El Original 1.5” is what I wear for carry every day. Love it.
Posted By: Loaded

Re: What carry belt? - 04/23/20 04:59 PM

I have an older Crossbreed 1-1/2" that I've worn almost daily for 6 years and it's still good as new and no sag. Looks like the one they call the Classic on their website. I believe mine is double bull hide but I don't see options like that currently.
Posted By: guitarbob

Re: What carry belt? - 04/23/20 05:29 PM

I'm a big guy. So, I need a stout belt. I've worn the same Big Foot steel core belt for over 3 years every day. It's still in great shape, and holds for firearm snug.

Big Foot Belts
Posted By: Roughneck913

Re: What carry belt? - 04/23/20 05:35 PM

If you have your heart set on leather, I'd recommend one with a Kydex insert. It will increase rigidity and comfort under load, and last longer without stretching
Posted By: Tim9880

Re: What carry belt? - 04/23/20 05:45 PM

Had a couple from bullhidebelts.com , no complaints. They have a bunch of styles too if you are into fancy belts.
Posted By: RGLass

Re: What carry belt? - 04/23/20 05:46 PM

Big Bend Saddlery.
Posted By: Adchunts

Re: What carry belt? - 04/23/20 06:47 PM

Currently wearing 5.11 Double Duty TDU belts. Have one in 1.5” and one in 1.75”. Bought one when I was flying a lot several years ago, just for airport security reasons (no metal). Liked it so much I bought the wider version as well. No issues carrying any of my pistols. Range in size from S&W Shield to Glock 19, both OWB and IWB.
Posted By: 2000cbr929

Re: What carry belt? - 04/23/20 06:57 PM

1791 Gun Leather

or

El Paso Saddlery

Both Quality and durable
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: What carry belt? - 04/23/20 07:18 PM

I've used the same Safariland leather garrison belt since 2008. It holds my Glock 35, cuffs, mags, radio and light. It shows no sign of quitting.
Posted By: duckhunter175

Re: What carry belt? - 04/23/20 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Adchunts
Currently wearing 5.11 Double Duty TDU belts. Have one in 1.5” and one in 1.75”. Bought one when I was flying a lot several years ago, just for airport security reasons (no metal). Liked it so much I bought the wider version as well. No issues carrying any of my pistols. Range in size from S&W Shield to Glock 19, both OWB and IWB.

THIS.
Posted By: LFD2037

Re: What carry belt? - 04/23/20 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by LFD2037
Originally Posted by TexFlip

x3.

I should add Made in USA if that matters to you. I believe all 5.11 is Made in China.
Posted By: SingleShot85

Re: What carry belt? - 04/23/20 11:01 PM

Blue Alpha double layer
Posted By: samsamthemex

Re: What carry belt? - 04/23/20 11:12 PM

DM BULLARD. going on my 3rd year. I am hard on belts, work construction. I have one for work and one for for everything else.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: What carry belt? - 04/24/20 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

[Linked Image]

You know damn well you don’t carry that.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: What carry belt? - 04/24/20 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by KRoyal

[Linked Image]

Yeah, but it's a good-looking rig. I have that pistol, with darker grips. 'Decided to take it to the ranch to dispatch hogs in the trap. I've used it for that purpose in the past. It just makes things simpler. grin
Posted By: Kevin1

Re: What carry belt? - 04/25/20 12:08 AM

I've tried a few belts like 511 Trainer and Vedder Cobra.

The only belt I'm now using is the Aegis belt:

-Very rigid
-Easy to adjust
- The buckle is bead blasted stainless steel and is extremely resistant to corrosion
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: What carry belt? - 04/25/20 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Originally Posted by KRoyal

[Linked Image]

Yeah, but it's a good-looking rig. I have that pistol, with darker grips. 'Decided to take it to the ranch to dispatch hogs in the trap. I've used it for that purpose in the past. It just makes things simpler. grin

You guys are correct, I've only worn it once. Had visions of carrying while deer hunting. Its actually a cross draw rig, really nice work. Kyle, you know my stuff is for fondling not shooting
Posted By: celtic okie

Re: What carry belt? - 04/26/20 03:35 PM

For leather Beltman. Nylon Wilderness.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum