Texas Hunting Forum

Suppressor wait times

Posted By: unclebubba

Suppressor wait times - 01/23/20 03:53 PM

What are y'all seeing on current ATF processing times for the tax stamp?
Posted By: Big Fitz

Re: Suppressor wait times - 01/23/20 03:59 PM

I am at 11 months and still no word.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Suppressor wait times - 01/23/20 04:01 PM

10 months or more.
Posted By: Korean Redneck

Re: Suppressor wait times - 01/23/20 04:25 PM

I just spoke to my suppressor dealer and they said my bogo Octane was received last julyt and I was told she thinks it has couple more months, which is basically 9-10months. This is just what my dealer told me so I don't how true it is but they're fairly honest people.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Suppressor wait times - 01/23/20 04:29 PM

One year for mine.

Re: Suppressor wait times - 01/23/20 04:36 PM

So, nothing has changed. Forget I asked. bang

Re: Suppressor wait times - 01/23/20 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by unclebubba

Here's a good one for you.

Exactly the same minute on the same day in April 2019 I mailed one packet to the ATF for my second suppressor. The other packet was my application for an 07 FFL. I received a phone call 2 weeks later by an investigator. We scheduled a day for him to come out. He talked to me for almost 2 hours, and said it would be 30 to 45 days and I would have my FFL. It was less than 30 days and it was in my mailbox. So, I got cleared to manufacture firearms and ammunition, yet I am still not clear to take possession of my second suppressor. Asking one office to communicate with another one is asking way too much.

And this has been your lesson for the day about government.

Re: Suppressor wait times - 01/23/20 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by FiremanJG
Originally Posted by unclebubba

Here's a good one for you.

Exactly the same minute on the same day in April 2019 I mailed one packet to the ATF for my second suppressor. The other packet was my application for an 07 FFL. I received a phone call 2 weeks later by an investigator. We scheduled a day for him to come out. He talked to me for almost 2 hours, and said it would be 30 to 45 days and I would have my FFL. It was less than 30 days and it was in my mailbox. So, I got cleared to manufacture firearms and ammunition, yet I am still not clear to take possession of my second suppressor. Asking one office to communicate with another one is asking way too much.

And this has been your lesson for the day about government.

I've got a better one for you. I applied for my Tax stamp in Aug of 2018. In Sept of 2019, I received my documents back stamped "return without action". It took me a week or so to get an answer from the ATF as to why they returned it. The answer was inconclusive background check. It took me a total of 2 hours of my time to get in touch with the DPS, find the issue, and then contact the City of Plano to get them to send docs to the state to clear the issue. Now, IF the ATF had made a 5 minute call to me, or sent me a letter, I could have cleared that up back then. OR...they could accept my paperwork back and continue their work on this application. But no!!!! I was informed that the application had been cancelled, and my stamp payment had been returned to me. I would have to start the whole process over again from the beginning...Meaning that they have to do thier work over again too! There is your lesson for the day about government.

Re: Suppressor wait times - 01/23/20 06:40 PM

Mama always said stupid is as stupid does.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Suppressor wait times - 01/23/20 10:31 PM

My uncle has a FA that's been in jail now for over 3 years. It was returned after 14 months because the State couldn't read a name. So he removed everybody from the Trust to eliminate the excessive paper work. It was returned a second time because they couldn't figure out the spelling of his last name.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Suppressor wait times - 01/24/20 03:56 AM

9-10 months for Form 4 Trusts. My latest one should be paroled any day now.
Posted By: dee

Re: Suppressor wait times - 01/24/20 12:28 PM

My last one was almost exactly 9months.
Posted By: Esc

Re: Suppressor wait times - 01/24/20 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
9-10 months for Form 4 Trusts. My latest one should be paroled any day now.

Just curious, is there any difference in wait times between an individual vs trust?

Re: Suppressor wait times - 06/10/20 01:39 AM

1 year and 10 months later, i get a call from my good buddy David Whitson! A stork has finally delivered my baby's tax stamp! Now I just have to find an hour to step away from work to go pick it up! First chance to shoot it will be father's day weekend...I think I'll let my boy pull the trigger the first time!
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Suppressor wait times - 06/10/20 01:58 AM

Too dang long. Especially if you already have a can or SBR.

Re: Suppressor wait times - 06/10/20 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by bigjoe8565
Too dang long. Especially if you already have a can or SBR.

I didn't already have a can or SBR, but I do have my carry permit, which is the same damn background check! Either way....too damn long!
Posted By: McKinneyHusker

Re: Suppressor wait times - 06/10/20 10:49 PM

Any idea on Form 1 Trust, wait times?
Posted By: txbigly

Re: Suppressor wait times - 06/11/20 01:14 AM

I just got one back that was just under 9 months. Im told the trusts take a little longer.
Posted By: KWAKZ

Re: Suppressor wait times - 06/11/20 02:20 PM

I just got mine, filed as a trust and took exactly 200 days.
Posted By: reeder05

Re: Suppressor wait times - 06/11/20 05:04 PM

I didn't do the trust.. I did the individual e-file at one of the silencor shop kiosks. Got an email that the check had cashed on Feb 28. I was hoping to have it by deer season, but from the looks above, it might be 2021 before I get it. Sigh.
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: Suppressor wait times - 06/18/20 02:24 PM

Reading some of these horror stories makes me feel pretty lucky.
Posted By: Weegs

Re: Suppressor wait times - 06/27/20 12:02 AM

I have no explanation but seemingly, I should go buy a lottery ticket or several. On February the 8th, three of us set-up a Trust and purchased cans. Got a call today saying, "Come and get them!"

There is hope!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum