Texas Hunting Forum

Advise on Stock Replacement Winchester 21

Posted By: CurtisMac

Advise on Stock Replacement Winchester 21 - 11/14/19 12:46 AM

I have a Winchester Model 21 12ga SxS "Skeet" that was accidentally dropped by a friend and broke the stock. Made me almost throw up! Anyone have advise on who to send it to, to have a new stock installed? Looking for total professionalism. I'm in North Texas but more than willing to ship to the right craftsman/gunsmith.
Posted By: RPG1997

Re: Advise on Stock Replacement Winchester 21 - 11/14/19 01:00 AM

Commenting on this to see who others recommend. It'd be nice to know a good gunsmith even if they're not in the Lubbock area.
Posted By: sactoller

Re: Advise on Stock Replacement Winchester 21 - 11/14/19 02:56 AM

Brian Board does magical work with broken/damaged stocks.
Posted By: huntwest

Re: Advise on Stock Replacement Winchester 21 - 11/14/19 03:29 AM

Call Mac at Willoby McCabe in Albany. He is the best stock guy I have ever met for classic shotguns. He does stockwork for a lot of major classics gun dealers in the country.
He can build a replacement or repair most.
Posted By: Wildcat1

Re: Advise on Stock Replacement Winchester 21 - 11/14/19 04:44 PM

Connecticut shotgun works makes a knock off made in USA they can fix you up 860 225 6581. Ron
Posted By: CurtisMac

Re: Advise on Stock Replacement Winchester 21 - 11/15/19 10:58 PM

Thanks so much for the good leads guys. I'm taking it down to Dave Wolf in Waco on the 23rd to get his opinion. Apparently, the type of break means everything? Splinter or clean break. I'm about to get a real education. Thanks again guys!
My next challenge will be to find a new home for a Francotte .416 SxS. Very rare caliber in a Francotte, not even in the "Blue Book".
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum