Texas Hunting Forum

suppessor or muzzle brake

Posted By: colt45-90

suppessor or muzzle brake - 09/29/19 12:20 AM

which reduces recoil the most effective?
Posted By: DStroud

Re: suppessor or muzzle brake - 09/29/19 12:43 AM

No question muzzle brake. I think the one comparison I saw showed somewhere around 30% reduction from Suppressor and mid 60% from Good brake. I am sure there are brakes that don’t work as well as a Suppressor and I have noticed the Brakes that allow Suppressor to be quick attached are not as efficient as some of the good Brake designs.
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: suppessor or muzzle brake - 09/29/19 08:20 AM

My harvester suppressor has a brake on the end of it. So I say suppressor.
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: suppessor or muzzle brake - 09/29/19 04:07 PM

Brake
Posted By: 5Redman8

Re: suppessor or muzzle brake - 09/29/19 04:11 PM

Both together
Posted By: DStroud

Re: suppessor or muzzle brake - 09/29/19 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Toxarch
My harvester suppressor has a brake on the end of it. So I say suppressor.

I shot a 28 Nosler with that exact Suppressor on it about two weeks ago. The recoil reduction made it tolerable to shoot but doesn’t even come close to the reduction of say my JP Terminator brake that’s on my 28 Nosler.
I can watch impacts on steel at distance with the scope on highest magnification with the brake but with the Harvester I would have to move the rifle back into position to even find the target.
Again there are definitely some crappy brakes out there that are not well designed that probably don’t do any better than a Suppressor but a good brake vs a good Suppressor.... brake wins every time. That’s one reason why you don’t see as many Suppressors being run by PRS / 3 Gun Competitors as brakes.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum