Texas Hunting Forum

Bond Arms

Posted By: Biscuit

Bond Arms - 08/21/19 12:41 AM

Anyone have any experience with these handguns?
Posted By: Paluxy300blk

Re: Bond Arms - 08/21/19 12:48 AM

Built like a tank. With the weight of a tank.

I have owned two of them. One I bought new and one I got in trade. Both are no longer in my possession.

IMHO - You either need to have a strong need for that design, a fondness for it, or just like to own one of everything.
Posted By: okstatefan

Re: Bond Arms - 08/21/19 01:08 AM

Piney has it pretty much summed up.

I have a 3.5" snake slayer and have added the .357 barrel and holster. I'll go ahead and admit it was almost a perfect storm for me getting into it. I already had lever actions and revolvers in .357 and .45 Colt, Academy Sports was selling the snake slayer for $429, Bond Arms had 40% off on the .357 barrel, 25% off on the holster and a $25 gift card for buying any of their derringers. With all that added up, I didn't see much of a way I'd loose if I decided I didn't like it and wanted to send it on down the road.

That being said, I really like it. Most of the time it's just plinking and playing cowboy with .38 special ammo. However, it does serve carry duty. We live on a lake resort and often take walks down by the water. I like to carry it with some 410 shot in case of snakes, but haven't had to dispatch any yet. As far as a defensive weapon against two-legged snakes, NOPE.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Bond Arms - 08/21/19 01:19 AM

Appreciate that feedback guys . I’m pretty sure I’m going to grab one mostly because they look cool and seem to be built well . Made in Texas is cool too
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Bond Arms - 08/21/19 01:38 AM

Well made guns, I have never owned one but have shot several. More comfortable shooting with a good glove but at belly gun distance I bet effectie. Did kill a snake with the 357 one and CCI shot shell
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: Bond Arms - 08/21/19 02:16 AM

I shot one a few times. It was ok I guess. I don’t have any use for one at all.

That being said, it went bang.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Bond Arms - 08/22/19 12:00 AM

Like pineywoods said, they're solid and very heavy for their size. You'll appreciate that extra weight when you pull the trigger but I don't know about carrying it. I shot a friend's .45 Colt/410 with both rounds and it was a hand full with both. It was fun to shoot, but if I had one I wouldn't be putting in a lot of range time with it.
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: Bond Arms - 08/22/19 08:58 PM

Their Bullpup pistol has my interest but dang they're proud.
Posted By: whitedawg

Re: Bond Arms - 08/22/19 10:10 PM

Well made, I have 45 LC/410. The 45 will definitely get your attention, 410 not to bad. Also added 327 Fed Mag fun to shoot
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Bond Arms - 08/22/19 10:19 PM

I have 2, 45LC/410 and 22lr derringers. I like to carry 410 bird shot for snakes in their belly belt holster, doesn't get in the way when working, easy to draw even when sitting in a vehicle. Well made with a trigger guard and safety.....and all of their barrels with different calibers and lengths fit any frame.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum