Texas Hunting Forum

I wish they’d make. . . . .

Posted By: Bullfrog

I wish they’d make. . . . . - 07/13/19 09:34 PM

We all have one or even a few firearm set ups we’d give body parts to have them built. Whether they used to make them and discontinued them or it’s never been done yet. What are your “I wish they’d make a . . ?”

I do believe that every RH rifle should have a set # of LH versions made. It doesn’t affect me but I see it and i feel for those that, for lack of better words, get skrewed. It just ain’t right imho

My first one is a SS, threaded Varmint barreled Ruger 77/22 in 22LR with a wood stock and rotary mag, for pass down purposes. While I’d have it, it would be in more of a target stock set up though and I’d shoot the absolute snot out of it.
By the time I start buying my boys a nicer bolt action 22, if that option doesn’t exist, and Judd keeps it up, it’ll probably be a 10/22 knock around gun and a CZ bolt action.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: I wish they’d make. . . . . - 07/13/19 09:36 PM

A laser rifle to vaporize a target so I don't have to worry about drop or wind drift!

Re: I wish they’d make. . . . . - 07/13/19 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by ChadTRG42
A laser rifle to vaporize a target so I don't have to worry about drop or wind drift!

Chad, now that’s just being plain stinkin’ lazy! roflmao
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: I wish they’d make. . . . . - 07/13/19 10:15 PM

True! Ok, well how about ice bullets? Frozen water used as a projectile. I'd like to try that!
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: I wish they’d make. . . . . - 07/13/19 10:32 PM

Have you seen Star Wars? Laser rifles are inaccurate as [censored].
Posted By: Bbear

Re: I wish they’d make. . . . . - 07/13/19 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by KRoyal

[
But only when you're with the Empire. Those guys need to spend more time at the range and less time polishing their helmets
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: I wish they’d make. . . . . - 07/13/19 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by KRoyal

Posted By: P_102

Re: I wish they’d make. . . . . - 07/14/19 12:05 AM

Great vid, Beez, best in a long time......and, Chad, ice bullet was fired from a harp years ago in a Bond (?) movie....how about some originality?.......say, an electronic rifle scope where you can switch from MOA to MILS, both reticle and turrets!

Re: I wish they’d make. . . . . - 07/14/19 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by P_102
Great vid, Beez, best in a long time......and, Chad, ice bullet was fired from a harp years ago in a Bond (?) movie....how about some originality?.......say, an electronic rifle scope where you can switch from MOA to MILS, both reticle and turrets!

Almost. Just push a button and you’re good if you get the new Swaro!

Re: I wish they’d make. . . . . - 07/14/19 12:57 AM

Josh that was awesome!! up
Posted By: syncerus

Re: I wish they’d make. . . . . - 07/14/19 02:50 PM

The video is greatness!
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: I wish they’d make. . . . . - 07/14/19 03:34 PM

Winchester model 70 300winmag LH of course
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: I wish they’d make. . . . . - 07/14/19 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Bullfrog
We all have one or even a few firearm set ups we’d give body parts to have them built. Whether they used to make them and discontinued them or it’s never been done yet. What are your “I wish they’d make a . . ?”

I do believe that every RH rifle should have a set # of LH versions made. It doesn’t affect me but I see it and i feel for those that, for lack of better words, get skrewed. It just ain’t right imho

My first one is a SS, threaded Varmint barreled Ruger 77/22 in 22LR with a wood stock and rotary mag, for pass down purposes. While I’d have it, it would be in more of a target stock set up though and I’d shoot the absolute snot out of it.
By the time I start buying my boys a nicer bolt action 22, if that option doesn’t exist, and Judd keeps it up, it’ll probably be a 10/22 knock around gun and a CZ bolt action.

https://www.ruger.com/products/americanRimfireTarget/specSheets/8366.html
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: I wish they’d make. . . . . - 07/14/19 09:04 PM

I wish someone would make an affordable centerfire straight pull hunting rifle. The Schmidt Rubens and Mannlichers in my collection are some of my favorite rifles to shoot, but I just can't justify the coin required for a Merkel Helix or Blaser R8 to hunt with.
Posted By: jeffbird

Re: I wish they’d make. . . . . - 07/14/19 11:04 PM

I wish Accuracy International would make a 8+/- pound hunting rifle that uses the AW receiver and AW mags.
Posted By: Bbear

Re: I wish they’d make. . . . . - 07/15/19 12:10 PM

Savage Model 99
Posted By: snake oil

Re: I wish they’d make. . . . . - 07/15/19 12:18 PM

More Class 111 sears!!!
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: I wish they’d make. . . . . - 07/15/19 03:55 PM

Tikka T3X Varmint in 22-250 with a 7 or 8 twist barrel. They offer the 223 with an 8 twist (I have one), but the 22-250 only comes with the 1:14 rate.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: I wish they’d make. . . . . - 07/15/19 04:09 PM

savage 99
savage 340
Rem 788
Posted By: 10 Gauge

Re: I wish they’d make. . . . . - 07/15/19 04:16 PM

Have it made. A buddy of mine used to build .22's with the barrels threaded in. Started with a savage .22 bolt gun and just threaded the reciever and threaded in a bull barrel. Very accurate.

Re: I wish they’d make. . . . . - 07/16/19 01:55 AM

Well Regularguy, there’s this restraining order in place now. My gunsmith has totally chickened out on me. roflmao
Posted By: TAB

Re: I wish they’d make. . . . . - 07/16/19 01:58 PM

Heavy barreled 22-250 with a 1:7.5” twist would be awesome !!
Fast twist 22lr to shoot them 95 grain SSST’s internally suppressed would be cool
Posted By: Adraper

Re: I wish they’d make. . . . . - 07/16/19 02:08 PM

I would like to see to see a light weight carbine size bolt action in .243, 7mm08, etc set up in something like a MDT LSS but with more of a fore end, with an AR style collapsible stock, blind mag, ok trigger. This would basically be for hunting with my kids. A glock mag compatible 45 acp and 10 mm carbine similar to Ruger PCC but stout enough to let me shoot really hot ammo. 455 Casull lever action like the old Puma's that were discontinued before I started reloading.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: I wish they’d make. . . . . - 07/16/19 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by redchevy
savage 99
savage 340
Rem 788

If they'd tighten up the tolerances in the action, put a Sendero-countour threaded barrel on it, and add a better mag system, I'd own a new 788 7mm-08 in a matter of minutes.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: I wish they’d make. . . . . - 07/16/19 03:53 PM

I'm a lefty and I feel the sting of being pigeon holed into only a few manufacturers....good thing is, several good manufactures made LH rifles ( Browning, Ruger, Remington, Weatherby )

Right now, I wish Weatherby made a Mark V Deluxe or Sporter model in Left Handed without having to go thru the custom shop

I also wish browning would make a hells canyon speed in LH
Posted By: nesikabay

Re: I wish they’d make. . . . . - 07/16/19 07:25 PM

A gen 2 prometheus you didn't have to lease. Or have me lease it for you
Posted By: Whack n stack

Re: I wish they’d make. . . . . - 07/16/19 08:36 PM

ruger red label over/under with stainless barrels and synthetic stock like they used to, or all matte black would be cool also.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum