Texas Hunting Forum

Help with AR upper

Posted By: okjhutch

Help with AR upper - 05/16/19 10:15 PM

Hello, I am interested in getting a complete AR upper. I don't know where to start looking and who has the best deals. I have a lower lined up from a friend (it is stamped 223/556, EA CO. & KR SPR LA model J-15) so just looking for the upper now.
I am not wanting the high end expensive stuff nor the bottom of the bucket just some where in between, i am just trying to put together a basic AR that shoots well, it is going to be a truck gun and will get bumped around some.
Advice on brands, places to look for it would be great.
Thanks
JJ
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Help with AR upper - 05/16/19 10:17 PM

Look at palmetto state armory. I run a lot of their stuff and it just works. They have daily deals and they’re very hard to beat.
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: Help with AR upper - 05/16/19 10:26 PM

Ditto on the PSA. I bought a couple of their 224 Valkyrie's and they function good and look good and the price was great. I also bought a Bear Creek 300 bo upper a bit ago and it was good too.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Help with AR upper - 05/16/19 10:53 PM

Another vote for PSA. They always run great deals on uppers.
Posted By: David Maas

Re: Help with AR upper - 05/17/19 12:27 AM

Company called CBC had uppers for sub $200 in a variety of calibers, they get good reviews on other forums, but I personally have never seen one

PSA is a great place to look to save money, keep an eye on their daily deals and watch for Memorial day sales, already seeing coupon codes show up on Facebook.

Keep cash readily available and watch the classifieds here and Predatormasters, saw a 223 Wylde on Long Range today or yesterday that was a deal
Posted By: Scott W

Re: Help with AR upper - 05/17/19 02:17 AM

I have a CBC upper in 300BO and have a few friends with the same one. All of them shoot about MOA. Price was good, as stated above.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Help with AR upper - 05/17/19 04:59 AM

Wait for Memorial Day sales
Posted By: okstatefan

Re: Help with AR upper - 05/17/19 03:48 PM

I'll second Palmetto State.
Posted By: okjhutch

Re: Help with AR upper - 05/17/19 09:21 PM

thanks for the help, i'll start checking out all of the ones recommended
JJ
Posted By: phathawg

Re: Help with AR upper - 05/18/19 11:03 AM

Brownells
Primary Arms
Bear Creek
Palmetto State
There is a 300 BO in THF classifieds for $200, I think.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum