Texas Hunting Forum

Suppressed 22 Pistol

Posted By: skinnerback

Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/07/19 11:06 PM

I have never owned a suppressed 22 pistol, but about to. Looking for recommendations from those in the know.

I like Ruger 22's and have also been eyeballing the Ruger 22 suppressor.

Go...
Posted By: BCJ

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/07/19 11:10 PM

The Ruger pistols suppress well. The SR22, MK or 22/45 series are all well made and suppress well.

If you are open to other brands - I had the new Taurus TX22 out this weekend; it feels like a normal full size semi instead of a 22 frame gun; the ejection port is small and it suppresses well. 16 round mags are a nice feature; under $300

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/07/19 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by BCJ
The Ruger pistols suppress well. The SR22, MK or 22/45 series are all well made and suppress well.

If you are open to other brands - I had the new Taurus TX22 out this weekend; it feels like a normal full size semi instead of a 22 frame gun; the ejection port is small and it suppresses well. 16 round mags are a nice feature; under $300

Wow. I'm checking that out. Thank you.

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/07/19 11:23 PM

Main reason for this gun is shooting rabbits at night at the ranch. I love pistol hunting rabbits. Normally I use a 22 revolver and a flashlight/head lamp, but wanting to get quieter, and kinda itching for a new rimfire pistol. A rail on the bottom only to mount a Streamlight is a plus.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/07/19 11:37 PM

I have one of the GSG 1911’s that I suppress. Full size 1911 and it shoots great.

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/07/19 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by KRoyal
I have one of the GSG 1911’s that I suppress. Full size 1911 and it shoots great.

GSG?
Posted By: cxjcherokec

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/08/19 12:00 AM

The S&W M&P 22 Compact is 249 at PSA and suppresses great
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/08/19 12:29 AM

I would be hard pressed to not buy the new Ruger MK IV with a threaded barrel.

I've wanted one for a long time, and this thread is making it worse. crazy

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/08/19 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by skinnerback

GSG?

German Sports Guns. Sig has one too but it’s just a rebranded GSG and more expensive. But if I had it to do over I’d probably got Ruger 22/45 or Mark IV

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lazyman

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/08/19 01:03 AM

I have a Walther P22....It does pretty good with the Remington subsonic ammo...
Posted By: mikei

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/08/19 01:13 AM

I've got the Ruger MK IV "Tactical" and a Ruger suppressor, and it's about as perfect a pairing as a person could have, IMO. Provides you with very efficient "snuff 'em quietly" capabilities and both the pistol and the suppressor are easy to take down and clean.

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/08/19 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by mikei
I've got the Ruger MK IV "Tactical" and a Ruger suppressor, and it's about as perfect a pairing as a person could have, IMO. Provides you with very efficient "snuff 'em quietly" capabilities and both the pistol and the suppressor are easy to take down and clean.

I’ve always wanted that pairing after seeing Assassins with Sylvester Stallone and Antonio Bandaras.
Posted By: rifle.30cal

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/08/19 01:46 AM

I have a Browning Buckmark Camper. Feeds just about any ammo you feed it, easy to add a base for red dot or whatever and it is just a great shooting pistol.

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/08/19 02:05 AM

Thank you fellas. That GSG is beautiful, I'm a sucker for 1911's.

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/08/19 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by mikei

Would love to see that combo, I'm leaning that direction.
Posted By: HandgunHTR

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/08/19 02:20 AM

Mine is a Browning Buckmark with a Spectre II suppressor. It is my "silent assassin" gun, when using standard CCI ammo. Mine came suppressor ready with a threaded barrel and suppressor height sights. It is a slick rabbit and armadillo whacker.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/08/19 02:25 AM

I have a Buckmark with a TacSol barrel and a Silencerco Sparrow.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/08/19 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by HandgunHTR
Mine is a Browning Buckmark with a Spectre II suppressor. It is my "silent assassin" gun, when using standard CCI ammo. Mine came suppressor ready with a threaded barrel and suppressor height sights. It is a slick rabbit and armadillo whacker.

up

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/08/19 02:28 AM

I also love the Buckmarks……….torn grin

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/08/19 02:42 AM

This is the one I’m looking at and then taking off those rails.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: toddjohnson

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/08/19 12:20 PM

[Linked Image]

Here is what I use. Super quiet and accurate. A blast to shoot
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/08/19 12:22 PM

Spotlighting for rabbits with a suppressed 22 pistol puts a smile on my face.
Posted By: pdugas

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/08/19 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by cxjcherokec
The S&W M&P 22 Compact is 249 at PSA and suppresses great

Really like mine. Does great suppressed.
Posted By: Korean Redneck

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/08/19 12:59 PM

I have found that cycling the widest variety of ammo with the suppressor is my biggest criteria for a 22 pistol.

I got one of the first Ruger 22/45 lite. It's by far my most consistent cycling 22 with can (Silncerco Sparrow). It still gets some issues with subsonics, but noticeably less than the others. Does pretty well with standard 22lr. Maybe in my head, but seems like the gun get dirtier faster with can and so I feel like I have to clean it more often or else I get into cycling problems again.

My sig mosquito and sig 1911-22 with a threaded seemed to perform equally well but neither as good as the Ruger. I actually really liked the grip and feel of the mosquito. I'd imagine if one is a sig 226/229 fan then they'd prefer the mosquito.

I had a walther but that thing was a disaster from the beginning. Full disclosure, it was a buddy of mines until he gave up on it. He doesn't exactly baby weapons but still. it barely cycled correctly without the can. Then swithcing to the threaded barrel and adding the can just made it worse.

Honestly, I've been long considering finding a way to have a manual/bolt type handgun exclusively for my can but then it's hard to justify vs something like a 6" sbr.

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/08/19 01:04 PM

This is the one I’m looking at and then taking off those rails.

[Linked Image]

At the top of my list as well. Take that top rail off and leave the bottom for a Streamlight.

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/08/19 01:06 PM

Thanks for all the replies fellas. I'll be pulling the trigger on a pistol & can within a few weeks. banana
Posted By: Ben Kabisch

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/08/19 03:46 PM

I have a Ruger 22/45 lite, a silencerco spectre II, and a red dot on top...We live on the edge of the city limits and have LOTS of critters come up and this setup works perfect for me!
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/08/19 05:06 PM

[Linked Image]

I went with a Ruger Mark 1V 22/45 Lite. I put a Volquartsen trigger in it and it's a tack driver. I went with the Q El Camino can due to it's light weight, ease to clean and reputation of being one of the quietest suppressors for a .22. It's also rated up to 5.7 so it will work on my 22 mag and my PS-90.

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/08/19 05:47 PM

I'm looking at Ruger integrally suppressed 22's also. I wonder which is quieter, a can or integrally suppressed?

Some mighty fine looking pistolas on here!

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/08/19 06:01 PM

I'm looking at Ruger integrally suppressed 22's also. I wonder which is quieter, a can or integrally suppressed?

I’d not do intergrally suppressed you’ll be waiting a year for you pistol. At least you can shoot the pistol while waiting for the suppressor and then you can also swap the suppressor to other pistols and rifles. If you go intergrally suppressed it’s stuck on that one fire arm.

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/08/19 06:10 PM

I’d not do intergrally suppressed you’ll be waiting a year for you pistol. At least you can shoot the pistol while waiting for the suppressor and then you can also swap the suppressor to other pistols and rifles. If you go intergrally suppressed it’s stuck on that one fire arm.

True...
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/08/19 07:29 PM

I've not shot an integrally suppressed Ruger but I don't see how it can be much quieter. When I shoot CCI standard velocity, which is already subsonic, it sounds about like opening a beer can.

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/08/19 07:44 PM

up
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/09/19 12:22 AM

A little late to the discussion, but my suppressed Buckmark is great.

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/09/19 03:20 AM

I want one pretty bad.

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/09/19 03:28 AM

I want one pretty bad.

You should probably just get that MK IV Tactical and if you
Don’t like it sell it to me for half.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/09/19 03:41 AM

I want one pretty bad.

I will give you $20 over what he offers you...

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/09/19 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by 2Beez
I want one pretty bad.

roflmao
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Suppressed 22 Pistol - 05/09/19 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by 2Beez
I want one pretty bad.

Offer him $1000!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum