Texas Hunting Forum

Suppressor paperwork question.

Posted By: DeerSlayer31

Suppressor paperwork question. - 03/01/19 01:25 AM

I have my form 4 ready to go and the form for the Cleo letting him know I'm getting a suppressor. I went to get fingerprints at Mesquite PD this evening and the officer said they don't do the type I need for the ATF. Also he said he doesn't know what form I showed him to give to the cleo. Where do I need to go and what do I need to get?
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: Suppressor paperwork question. - 03/01/19 01:27 AM

He didn’t know??
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Suppressor paperwork question. - 03/01/19 01:27 AM

Silencer shop.com

Everything a person needs to know

Re: Suppressor paperwork question. - 03/01/19 01:28 AM

I showed him the form and he said let me know what you find out. No help what so ever.
Posted By: BCJ

Re: Suppressor paperwork question. - 03/01/19 01:28 AM

Just mail the CLEO to the Sheriff in your county.
If you need the ATF finger print cards they can be ordered for free from the ATF; or if you are ever in the Little Elm area I’ll had you a stack of them.

Re: Suppressor paperwork question. - 03/01/19 01:32 AM

I'll be in Frisco tomorrow and can come by. Text me please sir 469-978-5554. Dayton

Re: Suppressor paperwork question. - 03/01/19 01:55 AM

Once I have the fingerprints cards I should just be able to go to any police station and get fingerprints?
Posted By: Big Fitz

Re: Suppressor paperwork question. - 03/01/19 03:12 PM

I did this recently and Prosper PD said they don't offer this service any longer and didn't think most PD's did either. DPS has subcontracted this out to IdentoGO that has many offices. Look on their website or call them for an appointment. I had to wait two weeks for an opening.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Suppressor paperwork question. - 03/01/19 03:21 PM

Or

https://www.silencershop.com/what-is-sid
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Suppressor paperwork question. - 03/01/19 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Big Fitz
I did this recently and Prosper PD said they don't offer this service any longer and didn't think most PD's did either. DPS has subcontracted this out to IdentoGO that has many offices. Look on their website or call them for an appointment. I had to wait two weeks for an opening.

Thats where I had to go as well. Pain in the [censored].

Brian so if we got a stack of the finger print cards could we also just get ink and do our own finger prints at home?

Re: Suppressor paperwork question. - 03/01/19 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by KRoyal

Brian so if we got a stack of the finger print cards could we also just get ink and do our own finger prints at home?

Do I need to get the fingerprint cards if I'm going to identogo?

Re: Suppressor paperwork question. - 03/01/19 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by DeerSlayer31

Do I need to get the fingerprint cards if I'm going to identogo?

No, they have the cards already.

Re: Suppressor paperwork question. - 03/01/19 04:45 PM

Ok thanks
Posted By: BCJ

Re: Suppressor paperwork question. - 03/01/19 05:17 PM

Yes, you can roll your own. There are instructions for how to do it online.

Re: Suppressor paperwork question. - 03/01/19 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by BCJ

Yes, you can roll your own. There are instructions for how to do it online.

Awesome, when my free suppressor comes in, hopefully June come on SiCo, I'll have you send me a few with my paperwork.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Suppressor paperwork question. - 03/01/19 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tactical Cowboy
He didn’t know??

That’s not really our forte

Re: Suppressor paperwork question. - 03/06/19 10:47 PM

Do I need to feel out my employer portion on the fingerprint cards?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum